Double Figure Pollock

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 pm

People:Barry Pat Mark and myself.

Duration:12 hours

Tide:moderate

Weather:Overcast, humid and a slight westerly.

Bait:Soft Plastics and a couple of Macks in the evening.

Rigs:Jig heads and steel in the evening.

Results:Codling, Coal Fish, Pollock, Red Gurnard, Launce, Mackerel, Poor Cod, Lesser Spotted Dog Fish, Bull Huss, Octopus, Ling, Sand eel, Wrasse.

Report:

We spent last Sunday out of Kilmore aboard Pats boat Wahoo on the light gear. Hoping to knock a bit of sport out the local Pollock population.

It was a fantastic day out with 2 double figure Pollock boated, which were also 2 personal bests :D

There was plenty of good solid fishing through out the day with the majority of the Pollock landed, in the 4lb to 6lb bracket. Plus a good few other species to spice the day up.

The full report and picture collection can be seen on my blog:

http://dannymeagher.wordpress.com/

Danny.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Double Figure Pollock

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Brilliant fishing danny and co, fantastic looking fish great pictures 8)
i have not read the report yet but i will later :wink:
well done again.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Well done lads nice method of fishing. 8)

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Great sport ,nice fishing :D

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:25 am

that looks like great craic danny glad the blog is surviving , be up your neck of the woods in a few weeks might bump into ye guys in the early mornings 8)

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 am

excellent report danny and a cracker of a day well done

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 am

Well done lads, some very fine fish there indeed. Congrats on the PB's and on the double figure pollock. Brilliant report and pictures Danny 8) You's don't have long to wait now until you's go to Norway :D

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Great fishing lads, and a big well done on the double figure pb's, so craic on the light gear I'd say.

Nice to see your keeping the blog going, it makes for some inspirational reading at times.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Cheers folks,

Its a very addictive way of fishing for them once you hear that drag go sever times during a fight :D

Mark is now converted from the fresh water, just heard at lunch time he went out and bought a new light outfit for it !

20 days to go now Kerry, I hope to give the Super Mix some hardship with the big Coalies up there :lol:

Thanks for the comments about the Blog.

Danny.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Danny M. wrote:Cheers folks,

20 days to go now Kerry, I hope to give the Super Mix some hardship with the big Coalies up there :lol:

Danny.

Happy days Danny, I hope you and the other lads have a safe and enjoyable trip! :D Oh... you are gonna have so much fun with the Super Mix and the big coalies over there........I'm so jealous :mrgreen: Can I come? I'll carry all your gear for ya? 8) :lol:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Nice one men 8) last time i was out in kilmore with willie i brought a little abu bluemax combo and had some crack with the pollock and cod on shads and sidewinders they put some bend in the light gear :mrgreen: