Bulloch 12/07

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Seeing as it was the best day of the week and I had some rag donated after shore comp I blanked saturday night decided to head out with my 6 year old daughter .Thus got some brownie points as well as a days fishing .

Left Bulloch at 10.30 and up towards Killiney where i picked up 13 mackerel in 2 drops .Love the 8 hook bullseyes .Straight up to recce Killiney reef and anchored for an hour moving a couple of times but nothing stirring .

Next headed 3 miles out into bay to try for a ray .Ravaged by dogs for a few hours but nothing better .They preferred fridays mack to the fresh sruff.

On the way back did a few drifts at the lighthouse for a couple of small pollack .Then back into the sound where 3 dozen macks came in half an hour .Into Bulloch harbour ar 15.30 and wheelspun my way up the slip .

Super day and learned stuff even if not best of fish .And the little princess read her way through the day so brownie points intact .

Dont know where the rays are gone .I was getting more in April than now.Weird .

Re: Bulloch 12/07

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:55 pm

the answer to the disappearance of the rays is trawlers. last week two trawlers ravaged the bennet banks. two lads fishing it at the time had to move to avoid collision one had to cut there anchor rope

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 pm

twinkle wrote:the answer to the disappearance of the rays is trawlers. last week two trawlers ravaged the bennet banks. two lads fishing it at the time had to move to avoid collision one had to cut there anchor rope

thats a discrace can nothing happen to these trawlers
that are hoovering up and killing everything

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Makes sense that it was trawlers .Nothing else could explain the lack of fish out there .

Its absolutely sickening that these people can wipeout everything with no thought for future stocks .And they will be the first ones crying when they cant make a living out of it .And their mates in govt will make sure they get rewarded to hang up their nets .

Dont start me off .