edelboy howth 29th june

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 pm

People:myself and joanne and roslyn

Duration:10 till 5

Tide:high tide 1 pm

Weather:light breezeand sunny

Bait:

Rigs:sabiki minis hokais and feathers

Results:about 80 small pollock codling gurnard whiting and 1 scad and 60 macks and 2 doggies

Report:had promised roslyn a trip out after her exams so to day was the day. the 2 girls decided to sunbathe on top of the cabin so as they were sizzling . i was fishing 2 rods one with sabikis and the other with hokais. the sabikis were filling up each drop with small pollock codling and gurnard and whiting getting them 5 at a time. i hit one shoal of macks and had 9 .at about lunch time was eating a sandwich the sabikis were tugging away i said il get them when im finished eating. the rod took a huge hit grabbed hold and struck. a heavy fish was on. got it to the surface never seen this before a double of doggies had swallowed 2 whiting whole they wernt hooked. the whiting was :lol: gave the rig a shake off they fell the girls then decided to start fishing and set up a 3rd rod with feathers. we drifted around most of the day hitting macks and small fish the girls had agreat buzz. moved over to the back of the island to get away from the dreaded seals and filled the 3 rods a few times there was a few macks about today we finished with 63 in total a great improvment on the last few trips and of course the girls are hooked and looking to go out again.

Re: edelboy howth 29th june

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Thats really promising :D