Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am

Vessel:off da hook

Crew:myself

Duration:4,30 am till 7.15 am

Tide:

Weather:warm slight wind

Bait:lure

Rigs:spinning rod 8 lb braid 4 lb florcarbon

Results:went to weford this morning looking for sea trout resulting in landing 7 best a pound and a half tryed a new bait out worked a treat thanks dave jolly after a low water spell i knew there would be a few around had not far to go anchored up in 30 ft ledge 3 casts had a decent hit landed 5 from the spot and lost 3 more drifted the outer back had 4 more hits and landed 2 finished up with 7 landed let 5 back and kept 2 for the tea this evening will try them again later on this week hopefully we get more rain handy morning on fuel used about 2 lts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: weford area

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:30 pm

nice few fillets from them willie 8) :wink:

Re: weford area

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Just get the job done willie 8)

Re: wexford area

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 am

great way to start the day good man willie .just love those fish

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 pm

just a update back down in wexford this morning in the water for 4am landed this slightly coloured salmon fish on sea trout lure at 4.55 am pic taken and returned no sea trout this morning but worth the trip back home for 8.30 am weight around 7 lb mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by steyrman on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Nice one Steyrman,i have seen fish with that red colour in the rivers when they lie up for a while, you must have got it on its way back to sea.well done.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:02 pm

well done Willie your racking en up now 8) 8) 8) what size was the salmon

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:04 pm

i was speaking to one of the cfb lads and he taught he could have being up river and dropped back into estury when the water temp went up he gave a good account of him self 4 good runs and held well with the current

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:05 pm

carpets wrote:well done Willie your racking en up now 8) 8) 8) what size was the salmon

hi barry 7 lbs good rattle out of him on light gear

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

hi barry 7 lbs good rattle out of him on light gear[/quote]

Lovely fish willie on the light gear not to many 7lbers of anything being caught around at the minute on lures...tough times,well done once again

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Great stuff Willie, thats my favourite kind of fishing :D But how many sets of wheel bearings does your trailer go thru in a year? :D

Any chance you might PM me that bait tip? I'll be going at the Moy sea trout myself shortly.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 pm

hi hugo strange one on wheel bearings i change them every 9 months but i have the older ones and there perfect i hold on to them as spare but because i use my trailer a lot i think thats the biggest factor the dont get a chance to rust up are you fly fishing or spinning on the moy

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 am

well done willie wats next

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:59 am

apache wrote:well done willie wats next

bit of a raid on the east coast if this wind settles down

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:10 pm

steyrman wrote:hi hugo strange one on wheel bearings i change them every 9 months but i have the older ones and there perfect i hold on to them as spare but because i use my trailer a lot i think thats the biggest factor the dont get a chance to rust up are you fly fishing or spinning on the moy

True enough, didnt think of that benefit of a high mileage like yours :D I only have to tow a few miles to get to the water, so the bearings dont ever get much exercise.

We'll be spinning in the outer estuary, small plugs tazies etc. Always keen for new tips.