At last Bigcol catches a fish!

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

At last Bigcol catches a fish!

Postby SeanP » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:06 pm

I've lost count the amount of beach sessions me and Bigcol have blanked on now, so it was time to get the boat into action, We had a trip out from Cromane to nearly inbetween Inch and Rossbeigh, fished from low tide 11-30am to high tide, quite an east wind blowing nearly one of those, shall we shar'nt we sort of days, anyway away we went, anchored up and I think the first fish was a doggie, normally would curse them but at least it was a start, then Colm got a nice flounder maybe a couple of pounds, we were trying really for Thornback with Mackeral bait but no luck at all with those, crabs were robbing baits at a fair rate, then I saw a Sea-Trout bounce out, that saw a change of tactics to a long trace with a sand eel, :P got one! not big maybe only a pound, that really got things het up, duplicate that set up or what! :lol: damn shame the one that grabbed Colm's escaped! just one more doggie and that was it, appart from the other thing we both caught was bur'nt red faces :oops:, what a day for the end of March with a fair old east wind blowing, there was hardly a cloud in the sky, clear as a bell surrounded by mountains, great!

Sean,
SeanP
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby bigcol » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:08 pm

The cheek!!!!!!!!!! :D Not many fish about but a great day out.Roll on the summer proper.
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports