Boat trip gran canaria

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Boat trip gran canaria

Postby NeilusG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:13 pm

I went out on a boat trip this morning and caught some spur dogs puffer fish mackerel much bigger than at home some strange ray like a huge monk fish.
We were dropping the bait in 300 foot of water so you can imagine the dept you are reeling these fish up through.

They had some great equipment but I was the unlucky bstard with the clanky penn senator and poker of a rod and the rest ot them had the shimano rods gold color penn reels which were like a dream to reel comparing the penn gold reels to the one I ended up with were like putting a fly reel on a beach rod and casting out but with the luck of the irish i caught the first fish a trebble of spur dogs and caught most fish so I suppose I didnt do too bad only for the state of my tackle i recon I could have caught more fish as I lost a few on the way up.

They also supplied food and drink.
I recon later on in the summer the fishing will be better as the boats were well equiped for the bigger species such as marlin tuna dorado etc as we went trooling for the bigger fish but no luck the reels were the penn gold big game variety which i saw in a shop in westport for nearly 1000 euros.
NeilusG

Postby arthurg » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:11 am

Sounds good - was it expensive?
arthurg

Postby NeilusG » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:22 pm

It was nearly 50 euro they are called (Felusi Sport Fishing) porto rico gran canaria mobile no 608 556 829.

Drink and some rolls supplied but your better off bringing some fruit or soft drinks too...................
NeilusG

Postby arthurg » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:08 pm

I'm taking two of my kids on a holiday this year and hope to find somewhere that they can enjoy (they are 15 & 16) and that has some fishing too.

Would you recommend it under these circumstances?

Thanks.
arthurg

Postby NeilusG » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:48 pm

Yeah I would recomend that all right just go with the boat I mentioned as the dept of water your fishing isnt too deep some of the other boats fish in water that is too deep and the fun can soon run out if your hauling fish up fish from 300ft of water.

There are carp angling trips too which I heard are good days out and there are supposed to be plenty of carp to be caught and everything is supplied aswell.

When you walk down towards the beach in playa del ingels there is loads of shops bars and restuarants and there is a woman on a stand advertising various activities and tours ask her about the fising and she will look after you she in on the opposite side of the beach as in the other side of the beach facing the town.
NeilusG

Grand Canaria

Postby west of ireland » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:34 am

I had three most enjoyable days last November out of Puerto Rico and would thorughly recommend the boat Blue Marlin. Its run by a Dutch guy who really cares about his fishing. They mainly practise catch & release althought they will take the striped tuna, many of which we caught using live baits. This boat is the real deal. http://www.bluemarlin3.com
west of ireland

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports