People: jw, boycie, Pat, rederic, phil, donal domeney, rodger, brian duggan

Duration: 0800-1830

Tide: spring

Weather: mirror calm

Bait: frozen mac and squid

Rigs: shads pirks muppets

Results: pollack coalie ling conger

Report: it was a very quiet day, 7 or 8
fish in total. brian duggan had 2 10lb pollack and donal a 14lb ling, for some reason we couldn't get
a single fish off wrecks that fished well last week.

boycie did well to hook a very strong fish that fought its
way bach towards the wreck a couple of times, but
i could see the cork lads getting fairly upset at the
prospect of been beaten again in their own back yard,
so he tightened the drag and let it off. :-)

Re: holly jo, reen pier, 24/2/09

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 am

pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:50 am

pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:53 am

pics

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 am

Shame it was such a quiet day for ye but a few nice fish there all the same :)

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:57 pm

jw wrote: for some reason we couldn't get
a single fish off wrecks that fished well last week.

Just to throw my 2 pence worth into the ring, on one of my trips out with Des mills from culdaff last summer we pulled up to a wreck just as a small diving boat was getting ready to leave. They pulled over along aside us and said that they wreck had a 'good haul of fish over it' but two big seals had been circle it for the entire time of their dive. Obviously the fish wouldn't be feeding in those circumstances so we moved on, but if we hadnt spoke to those divers we could have easily wasted an hour or two drifting over that wreck, for a minimal return, you just never know whats going on down there!

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:33 pm

funny thing was same happened to me got the begger up 5 of six feet and then pulled back down and snagged me still if you dont try you will never be on the trip of a lifetime ,i suposr wreck are like beaches they all have their good and bad days ,not even a gay pollack :shock: only them butch ones :mrgreen: