Duration8Hrs

Tide:Ebb, to slack and pushing in

Weather:Mediterian :D

Bait:Lug,crab,mussel

Rigs:Flowing,1up1down, sabiki

Results:9 species in all.Ballan,
coalie,Cod,Cuckoo Wrasse,Ling,Pollack,Whiting,
poor Cod, and Pouting

With this settled period of weather I was dying to get afloat again. With not to much happening around the Country at present I opted to try Kilmore as is my favourite part of country for fishing.
We launched the boat at around 8.30 into what was the calmest sea that I have had the pleasure of fishing in. :oops:

We heade out past the saltees and tried a few of the reefs but after a while and several drifts we only managed 1 pollack which to my horror Seirt threw back before I could take a photo :oops:
We tried around the Brandies and I managed 1 coalie which I did take a photo of :D

We then decided to move to a few of the bigger peaks and then managed a few different species throught the day,
I christened my new Abu Suveran on the 1st drop bang a Cod :clap: Better than a pin Whiting.
All in All a scratchy days fishing but was great to get out and start the 09 season with a few species :D

Re: Bass Hunter 1st Trip of 09 Season

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm

sounds like thing havnt hotted up in kilmore yet still you got a nice few fish tiz better than a blank and at least your boats out of the starting blocks for 09 8)