ran a ground on kiliney beach

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:22 am

i was on my back from bray head after catching a few codling with my mate when i encountered some engine problems,
i was a few miles out from the tea rooms, i made a decision to head for the railway station.
i knew there was pea gravel on the beach, i trimed the engine up and up she went nice and smooth.
there was a bit of a crowd there only one bloke gave us a hand, it was scary enough out there but no damage done anyway. it was hard enough to get it back out thru the breakers,
some other stockin just stood there taking pictures ye that fool thats always on the beach with longish hair.
fare play to that other bloke who gave us a hand who ever he is.
ill save the life guard for when i really need them!!!

Re: ran a ground on kiliney beach

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 am

Jesus that was a bit drastic :shock: , when were you out and what was wrong with the engine :?: Glad to see you got sorted out and nice boat by the way. :D
Oh and where did you get them damn codling. :D :D

Yappo

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:12 am

Very lovely boat, you're lucky, Had you no spare motor tsk tsk

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:11 pm

glad to see all ok that lad with the long hair what a tick could of helped anyways where did yous get them codling haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 pm

aw this was last november. i went down to graystones beach got a few codling.
i was around kiliney yesterday didnt catch much but the water was like glass, i didnt stay for long
im goin out again this weekend. i herd theres cod been caught on kiliney beach.
i seen a few blokes at the base of crow hill with beach casters yesterday.
i think them pots at colliemore belong to luke from bullock harbour.
the feul line snaped on the boat and sucked up some buildge whater, i had a spair fuel line and dont have it on the floor of the boat now. i have a spair engine but its in my shed. i have to fit the engine mounting on the boat.
ye the lobsters are nice alright but over rated in resturaunts, if you go doun to the old woman on the ice box Dun laoghaire marina, im sure she will sell you some lobsters. i make my own pots ill put lobster pot making up on the site soon. heres one ive prepaired earlyier. made up of bits i found on site.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Jesus you where lucky. what happened the engine?
Nice feed of lobester to easy the pain heartache :D

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 pm

the first thing you should have done was dropped your anchor out just off the beach,
instead of going onto the beach.
if you were sinking you would of done the right thing :wink:

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 pm

that was the first thing i did. the anker kepped pulling out the tide was running to hard. didnt want to risk goin on to the rocks. their yoused to be boats launched years ago where i went up on the beach so i knew it was safe

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:01 pm

ive been fishing the area all my life and have never experienced a strong tidal run close to the beach.

are you sure you have the right size and type of anchor for a micro-plus.

by the sounds of it its way to small :shock: wouldn't like to see you trying to hold anchor where the tide does run :wink:

or where you do have trouble you want an anchor that will stabilize the situation.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm

ye the anchor was crappy had no choice. getting a new one