Re: holly jo, reen pier 16/2/09

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:46 pm

petekd wrote: Wrassebasher, think I recognise you from the pic, Defence forces SAC by any chance?

that would be me alright pete :D :D :D the disguise didnt work...! :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 pm

How do gary :-) fished beside you on day 2 i think it was.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:49 pm

before the filleting took place
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

boycie89 wrote:before the filleting took place
did ya taste it yet, never tried ling, whats it like :shock:

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:26 pm

absolutely delicious, pan fried in a bit of olive oil until the skin is cross, then briefly turned over to colour the other side, seasoned with course seasalt or fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper or chilli flakes, a slice of lemon squeezed over it, food from heaven :lol:
have heard especially the liver is a sought after speciality,doused in flour and fried in butter and with a glass of dry Riesling or Chablis, full of goodness and vitamins 8)

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:08 pm

The Austrian wrote:have heard especially the liver is a sought after speciality,doused in flour and fried in butter and with a glass of dry Riesling or Chablis, full of goodness and vitamins 8)

Starting to sound a bit like Hannibal Lecter there Austrian :D

Most people would not tell the difference between cod and ling, especially if skinned. Some reckon it tastes better after a spell in the freezer.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:13 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:Starting to sound a bit like Hannibal Lecter there Austrian :D

:twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah right, thought of that myself after seeing my post :roll: but seriously, I wasn't thinking up a *star*LING recipe :lol:

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:13 pm

petekd wrote:How do gary fished beside you on day 2 i think it was.

was that the masters..!!! im brutal at putting names to faces i must have been to busy trying to catch up didnt have a good one this year with all them 10 point poorcod :evil: :evil: :evil: