Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 pm

People: me

Duration: 12:00 - 15:00 fishing time anyway

Tide: LW 16:00ish

Weather: slight east breeze

Bait: mackerel

Rigs: 3 hook flowing trace, pink shrimp rig

Results: pollack, whiting

Report: Been wanting to get out in her for months, but never managed to get things to work out right, so seized my chance (although wish I'd waited till Sunday as it was much warmer).
As my time was tight and my poor little boat is slow, decided I'd spend a set amount of time at a few relatively close by locations and see what I could pick up at each. First off drifted the rock hoping to pick up some codling, pollack and coalies, but all I could get were the pollack, picking up one or two a drift to the shrimp rigs.
Headed then to the bank and drifted around picking up plenty of whiting, biggest about 1lb, loads of pin whiting, picked up loads of trebles. Had enough of that and headed off to try for some flats, but nothing doing. Then headed off to a huss and dog mark and fished that out for the last hour, but again nothing doing apart from a few crabs.
Headed home, glad to have been out, but a bit disappointed with the fishing. I'll give it a go on some other marks sometime soon though and get this species total up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tigger II, Cork Harbour, 03/01/2009

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Glad to see you got some whiting :shock: I was concerned that I may have wiped them all out on new years day :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:23 pm

good to see some fish.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Fair play to you Lee for getting her out so early in the new year, nice whiting for your tea too