Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 pm

People: me jordan and ronald surgenor

Duration: 9am - 4.30pm

Tide: all states

Weather: windy and rough but calmed as the day went on

Bait: rag mack squid and launce

Rigs: 2 hook flappers and flowing traces

Results: lots of dogs 2 huss 10 pollock 2 coalies 7 ballen wrasse

Report: upon leaving the harbour the weather was a bit rougher than forecast so we stayed close to shore pollocking. ronald set up for dogs on the bottom and me and jordan got into the pollock. jordan was first into the pollock and ronald got a specimen dog at 3lb 5oz 8) 8) 8) 8) i got 2 coalies who ignored my ragworm and attacked my sparkley orange jelly worm. after a couple more dogs for ronald and pollock for me and the wee man we moved on out and set up for huss. the dogs were coming fast and ronald got a good bend in the rod and was first to land a huss. then jordan got a good knock and up came his first ever huss of about 4lb. we stayed here for a while and got some more dogs, but to round the trip off we went for a couple of drifts over a reef and ronald and jordan got a couple of nice ballen wrasse up to 3lb 9oz and i got a few more pollock. all in all a great day out on seans boat. jordan was hopeing for another good wrasse to see if he could get into next months edition of sea angler again, but no such luck this time. can't wait to see what our next trip throws up :D :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: lady linda ballycastle bay sunday 16th nov

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Great trip lads, good to see you out with the Legend Mr McKay!
Nice Huss Jordan, well done lad! 8)

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 am

It was good craic ,even though I did nearly puke at the start of the day (must remember to keep the head out of the tackle bag when it's rough :oops: )

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 am

cheers drew, the wee man was made up to have got a huss :P :P it brings his species count to 23 so far this year. it was a great day out apart from ronald nearly getting a second look at his breakfast lol :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and me getting bounced about the boat like a pin ball :lol: :lol: :lol: the boat ride out was better than most of the rides at a fun fair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:49 pm

Get him attached to a Spurdog next :wink:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Heard the weather was a bit dodgy. Fair play to the young fella for getting his huss, its one more than i have this year :evil:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:01 pm

ah now your just getting bitter about if pete :lol:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:24 pm

good one with the huss.
never had one yet.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 pm

Nice fishing lads and congrats Jordan on your first huss well done 8)

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:50 pm

cheers guys, he was made up. he's been wanting a huss for over a year now and thanks to drews post he now wants a spur dog or tope next :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Cracking lads nice one. Jordan is really tallying up the species. Guess he does deserve it as he puts alot of time into it.You both do!! :)

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:48 pm

alandjordan wrote:cheers guys, he was made up. he's been wanting a huss for over a year now and thanks to drews post he now wants a spur dog or tope next :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hope he does if he does that will be another two pecies i havnt yet even fished for.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:56 pm

cheers nifisher it can be rough going at times with this constant winter weather we've had all year, but it would take more than that to put us off :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:14 pm

Keep it up guys. If Daniel keeps seeing Jordan pulling in fish like that I'll have an excuse to take him out again despite the weather.

I think Waterfoot is on the radar.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:51 pm

good to see some wrasse on the go yet.