leinster league kilmore quay 15.11.08

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:03 pm

People: leinster league

Duration: 0930 to1515

Tide:low water 12ish

Weather: dry but with fresh winds decreasing

Bait:rag mackeral & squid

Rigs: all sorts, gilling, 2 out 1up flyer, spreaders ect....

Results: Coalies x2 pollack x11 Ballans x 18

Report: fished the last leg of the leinster league today it was broken in to 2 sessions, a good turn out for so late on in the season, (6 boats) fishing was scratchy to start with no fish on the boat in the first hour, we found a small patch that was throwing up a mixed bag of cod, pollack & ballans, the rigs that stood out were those with flyers up high for the pollack and those fishing 2 out off a boom, the hayabusa EX111's which a lot of people were raving about didn't prove there monies worth, today the home made rigs were the ones to be usiung, so we sat on it for the first part of the morning until about 12 and the fishing died off, later on in the afternoon the run picked up and the fish were back on, more pollack ballans and the odd coalie. i had a great battle with 3 other anglers on the boat to come a close second in the first session, missing out on win by a pollack and won the second session by a mere point beating warren doyle and ruining his perfect score of 200% back to 199%

1st Kit Dunne 200% wicklow bay
2nd Shay McDonald 200% Stella Maris
3rd Brian Whelan 200% Bray out casts
4th Warren Doyle 199% Bray Head
5th Mick Barry 192% Eastern Command

i have to say a special word for brian whelan as for two years in a row he came in with the perfect score of 200% in this event, and still has not got any higher than 3rd place,

BRIAN NEXT YEAR WE'RE ALL ROUTING FOR YA !!!!!

i have to say hats off to the kilmore skippers they all worked hard to put us on fish,

and if anyone is chasing a speciman ballan kilmore quay is the place, there was easily 3 contenders on my boat today that i would put money on were eligible & there was reports from the other boats boasting the size of the ballans

regards

mickeyfish

Re: leinster league kilmore quay 15.11.08

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:31 pm

brian whelan for president :shock: