Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:38 am

People: Jd,JW Tomi,Tomazcek

Duration: 9-4

Tide: Rising

Weather: Fair, Big Swell

Bait: Mackeral

Rigs: Shark Rigs, Various paternosters for ground fishing

Results: 3 shark, plenty of whiting

Report:We spent a fair while trying to get mackeral, most were Joeys so not much use for Shark Fishing.
Eventually we got enough, and set down a slick about 9 miles from Loop Head. While we were waiting I sent down some whole Joeys to the bottom, these were taken within seconds by whiting of about 2lb or so. While I was unhooking one double my Shark rod bent over, I scrambled across the boat and grabbed my rod. While I was playing the Shark, Jw's rod had a hook up. Unfortunately the sharks crossed each over and he lost it, I managed to get mine in.
Tomazcek then followed with a nice 80lber, and I finished off with a small one that rolled up the line and was dragged in withoutr a fight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Clare Dragoon, Carrigaholt, October 11 2009

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:55 pm

nice report john, one minor inaccuracy, this year is 2008, next year is 2009 :D

when we got the double hook up i was advised as the outside rod to keep the shark
well away from the boat until the inside rod was landed, but in a combination of excitement and instinct
i brought it closer to the boat too quickly, luckily only one was lost i'll know the next time.

we got a complimentary rollercoaster ride on the way out due to the big swell,
then things got brutal trying to gather mackerel close in due to the backwash

one man informed us he was about to lose his breakfast and the debate centered on whether
we should get him to do it in the rubby dubby box or over the side. in the end he
opted for the latter. We were then like a group of banks watching each other
to see who would fail next and in what order :D

a few miles off the movement was less severe, we stopped near some seagull activity
and were into the sharks almost straight away

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 pm

It was excellent fishing guys.... :wink:
....but next time....... I will set up my rod too........ :mrgreen:
:roll:

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Well done on connecting with the blues jd and Tomaszek 8) hard luck tomi & jw on the dropped one :(
Last edited by saltydog on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Clare Dragoon, Carrigaholt, October 11 2008

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi,
This was great day fishing indeed! Weather was nice and we had more shark action than I would expect.
Thanks lads!

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm

sea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:57 pm

blue