Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:37 pm

People:myself brian and the legend des rea from hook head

Duration:9 till6

Tide:all of it

Weather:great

Bait:macs rag squid

Rigs:all sorts

Results:tope.macs.pollock.wrasse

Report:hiwe started out in kilmore at 9 went to a mark got plenty of macs headed out to a spot were we tryed for a few cod no luck plenty of pollock we had a old hand with us des rea he had a boat in the hook for years st aiden still looking as fresh as he did 20 years ago im 42 now and he has not changed 76 years young we had a great bit of craig storys being told all day long made the day seem short any way after a while we fished the red bank just more macs and pollock so we went back in to a mark we have for tope mac flappers out and we drifted for a while when brians reel made that magic sound a big run fish on after a while tope landed pic taken and fish returned fish of 30 lbs we started again again brian had a run this time on the lighter rod 6 to 12 lbs class well he had a tough time but landed a fine fish of 36 lbs it was my turn then i had a good run and landed a fine fish just short of 40 lbs now we started to fish with our boat for the first time 6 weeks ago but were having a good time and as long as the weather is holding we will go out have a look at the pic thanks
sea fishing 08 019 (Small).jpg
sea fishing 08 002 (Small).jpg
sea fishing 08 028 (Small).jpg
sea fishing 08 023 (Small).jpg
sea fishing 08 025 (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: re kilmore trip

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:16 am

nice report steyrman.

very good pictures aswell.
did you get the macks handy on the red bank or just straglers.

all going well i will be out tomorrow if this wind dies down.

i was down 2 weeks ago and the macks were very scarce.

good luck with the new boat and tight lines.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Well done lads some nice tope there and good pics too :)

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:51 pm

we pick up a good few macs on the red bank were heading out our selfs tomorrow or sunday i was down today in kilmore trying to sort out a prop for a friend windy wet and wild is the best way to describe it looking at the forcast its to be good conditions for fishing there were people catching macs of the pier today in kilmore to say the were small one would be generous as you might have guest the were not locals :( :( but the macs wont be far away :wink: :wink: tomorrow might meet up if it suits look for of da hook wilson flyer
boat pics 001 (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm

heading down tomorrow looks like the better day :wink: .

will keep an eye out for you.

we are bringing 3 boats down im sure you will see us around.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Nice day's fishing and good crack in good company what more could you ask for?? :lol: :lol:
That's what keeps us all out there as often as possible.

Yappo

Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:19 pm

we got off to a bad start today i forgot the kettle :oops: and brian did not for give me no hot cups today well we fished hard today got them macs fairly quick the set out for black rock we fished for a while few pollock the i think i caught a lesser weaver pic on camera phone forgot my dig camera :oops: one of those days then the mist or fog came in :shock: could not see more than 30 yards we have just got a garmin 3210 with the g2 card bought the large one rather than small were finished with them now all ireland and uk on it well it came into its own then i set a course for the conningmore rocks and we followed the course with our compass as watching the chartplotter you would be all over the place when we looked at the course and marked between compass points held our course worked out a treat within 20 mins we had saltees in our veiw we could have used trac back but it would have bring heading accross patricks bridge wrong side we fished connmore for a while few more pollock then brian decided to leave a big rubby dubby trail big swells out there to much breakfast :roll: we headed back in fished a few marks got a few more pollock and 3 cod things are slowing down in kilmore up side of it tryed my new penn wave blaster 6 to 12 lbs rod lovely bit of kit brian had enough of it so we called it a day early just one of those days but still great to be out
sea fishing 08 029 (Small).jpg
Last edited by steyrman on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:46 pm

seen you going over patricks bridge when i was heading out gave a shout on the vhf but no reply.
headed out to the red bank slowley :shock: big swells. picked up a few species.
we then went to the conningmore rock not nice huge swells again around 15 ft. one of our boats headed home after an hour he was not happy 1 crew sick :roll: .
i managed 9 species/ cod, poorcod, pollack, whiting, pouting,launce, macks,ballen wrasse, cuckoo wrasse male and female.

other boat had 12 species only other changes to my list he had coalies, lsd, and a johndory.
very tough conditions but a reasonable days fishing. we didnt have any trouble with fog.
all back safe and sound :wink:

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:14 am

hi john sorry i did not pick up on vhf going over p bridge was hairy looking at a big swell then flat water side by side :? brian said it was like something out of the bermuda triangle we met the fog just past the black rock near carrinsore point but the swells at conningmore was rough we started at the marker bouy and we were drifting at 5.5 knots we would have went to red bank but with the swell we decided not and fished powers point and worked our way around the saltees i think it would have being a good day for the hook and slade might get to go tomorrow