Rooster, Baltimore, Boat MA 5

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:01 am

People:Myself, the 2 Johns, Donal, Mick, Damien, Martin, Seirt.

Duration:Fished from 11-4

Weather:Nice. As was abundantly obvious when I removed my hat. A lovely white stripe across the top of my bonce :D .

Bait:Mack, rag, crab.

Rigs:various

Results:Pollack, Pout, Poor cod, Ling, Coalfish, Ballan Wrasse, Cuckoo Wrasse, Whiting.

Report:

Quick report... Arrived in Baltimore suffering from the after effects of a bout of food poisoning over the weekend which had curtailed all efforts on the bait digging and rig tying front. Had MA slots not been an issue, I wouldnt have made the trip and both during and after, I was wishing I hadnt bothered either!

Loads of fish going with a decent enough variety of stuff. Donal, Martin, Mick and Seirt set the pace for the rest of us with it finishing with a straight out slug between Seirt and Donal who both fished very well on the day. Just 10 points seperating things at the end of the day between the top 2 with Martin a further 27 behind in third. Numerous trebles around the boat on the day kept things ticking along with the skipper struggling to keep up at times but the lowish species count kept the scores relatively low given the fishing. Baits fished on the bottom for the day proved the most effective with predominant species being pollack, cuckoo wrasse and coalies.

Plugged away myself but it was hard to get into any kind of rhythm and interest levels and energy faded with the hopes of a Master angler slot as the day progressed. Such is life. I wasnt able for a busy day like that yesterday at all. It was a slow drive home and straight to bed at the finish.

Well done to Seirt, I thought Domo had it sewn up until it came to card counting. Our last leg is in Cork Harbour on Sunday and will finalise the pecking order for next year. Donal did his now customary gull molestation of which I'm sure JW will post pics.... :D

Grateful thanks to JW for the couple of trays of rag he gave me, and to the other John for taking pity and carrying some of my gear onto the boat in the morning.... :D

Re: Rooster, Baltimore, Boat MA 5

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks for taking the time to report Pete and fair play for turning up either way. Well done to all.... Some very good fishing there.

Kev

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:23 am

Cracking session, had to work the socks off all day. :D :D :D
All the fishing was done North and West of the Fasnet. The skipper must be give full credit for the amount of fish caught he kept us on move all day. It was a case of no fish coming on board for 4/5 minutes "lines up " were call and we were on the move again. With the move not more than 200/400 mts there was very little time to change rigs and get bait ready for the next drop.
Gave Martyn a few tips on retrieving and how to pick up that extra fish 8) :lol: :P :lol: :lol: and took the crap off him :roll: because I could'nt get a pouting :oops: but them he struggled for a whiting :( :( :(
1,2,3 for the "Screeming Reel" team roll on the small boats comp 8) :D :D :D

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm

fish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:42 pm

fastnet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.