Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:33 am

People: dbrock, love to fish, stevecrow74 & myself

Duration: 13:30 - 19:30

Tide: falling then rising

Weather: SSE force 2 overcast with blue skies in patches

Bait: fresh mackerel, day old mackerel and frozen mackerel

Rigs: booms

Results: Tope, Dogs & Huss

Report: was picking dbrock's brains about boats as i'm contemplating getting one. One thing led to another and after telling him i'd be over this weekend in wexford he kindly offered to take me out on his boat to try for some decent tope as all my previous ones were from the shore and none bigger than dogs. Myself and Stevecrow74 met up with dbrock and love to fish in Dun Laoghaire and we set off around 13:30 before we left port we were waiting for boycie, eric and jack who were heading out also. They pulled up along side us as boycie was handing over some crab no sooner had he sone so when a volley of water bombs were sent in the direction of their rib :twisted: :twisted: Nearly all of which missed there intended targets :shock: boycie was first to react and picked up a water bomb that failed to explode and with precise accuracy scored a direct hit on love to fish. We then left the boys and headed to Dalkey Island to pick up some fresh mack from a pal of Dennis' fair play to him :) We then went full steam ahead to the fishing grounds. Arrived to find two other boats nearby who looked set up for Tope also. Dennis set up some rigs and got the rods out all set up for tope :wink: the lads had just arrived on scene in the rib when the rachet on one of our tope rigs fired :D Dennis handed me the rod after a brief fght the fish was gone :oops: Thankfully i wasn't the only one who suffered the same faith as we all had 6-8 dropped runs between us in the space of 30mins or so!! if they connected it would have been some session. In the meantime eric struck into what looked like a decent fish and we could see the rod bouncing in his hand as the tope ran. He got it in to the boat and held it up for a photo looked a nice fish from where we were . The lads headed off to try for some other species and we continued to to fish for tope paul and dennis were taking doggs regularly and dennis hooked a huss, steve was having no luck. Then with about an hour to go i got a take and this one stayed on :lol: first run was great stripping line and head shaking, halfway in it went for another run taking more line eventually got her to the boat and dennis landed it 8) i was made up as it was my biggest fish to date estimated by dennis to be 30lbs :lol: i stopped fishing at this stage as i was made up and left the lads to it. They continued to get bites dennis and paul got some dogs still nothing for steve :( then it was time to head back to port. Would just like to say a very big thank you to dennis for taking the time out to meet up with us and taking us out on his boat much obliged :D if your looking for accomadation when your over fishing the comp in Gurteen let me know. It was nice to meet some more lads off the site including rodger who was fishing a beach near Brittas which we dropped in on, on our way back!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dodger Dun Laoghaire 30.08.08

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:47 am

great session, had plenty of bites and two dropped runs, but thats the way it goes.. always good to meet up with the the lads, even ended up meeting roger de dodger later on to pick up a reel :shock: (hope he mentions the por cod he caught when i was there) it was all but 3 inches :lol: :lol: :lol: )

have a nice video of the boat ride back.. or was it fly back :shock: :shock: :o

Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:48 am

Cracking fish Conor! Well done :wink:

Hard luck Steve. Did I hear you say BLANK :?: :twisted: :twisted:

See ye shortly :wink: :lol:

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:10 pm

Yeah, well done Conor. Should be back into things later this week/early next and will let you know where and when if anyone's around.

mga wrote:Hard luck Steve. Did I hear you say BLANK

It sounded more like 'I suffered a fair amount of negative positivity' :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:12 pm

well done lads nice tope

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:26 pm

boycie and jack have some pics from our escapades, all i can say is that we where very lucky to get our tope we only had one run, the lads had loads of and couldnt hook one, they seemed very finicky :shock: well done salty on your tope

Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:51 pm

mga wrote:Cracking fish Conor! Well done :wink:

Hard luck Steve. Did I hear you say BLANK :?: :twisted: :twisted:

See ye shortly :wink: :lol:

you heard right martin - Steve BLANKED :twisted: :twisted: nice fish connor

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm really pleased for you salty, glad you got what you went for.

You see Steve, even the best anglers have their off days :wink: , I hope the bruises arent still sore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am

Great Report lads.... I'm not a bit surprised to hear Boycie has that level of accuracy.... :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:35 pm

ha what do you mean by that mac ?? , 1 word of advice paul ! never try to catch a water balloon when its flyin for your head !!! it was commical watching him drying himself in the way out with a towel !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:46 am

A miss spent youth...... :wink:

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:12 pm

ah no mac thats just my old darts team accuracy coming back !! :D

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:02 pm

I believe ye!!!!! Millions don't :D :lol:

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:28 pm

:D