Apollo has launched

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:40 am

People: Myself

Duration:4 hours including a bit of spinning around

Tide:on the flood

Weather:calm, YES CALM

Bait:Fresh macks :D :D

Rigs:2 up on one rod and 3 flowing on the other

Results: hat trick of gurnards, hat trick of species on one drop and a few dogs, pollack, cod, ling and a ton of whiting :lol: :lol:

Report: With the winds after flattening off it was time to get back on the water. Low water at 16.02 I launched from Lower Aghada at 16.30 and headed for the Lings. A quick stop off for the macks on the was no bother, coming in 4/5 at a time and nice and small.
The drift was nice and lazy and gave me plenty of time to control 2 rods.
On the first drift whiting came thick and fast with doublers and tribblers at a time.
A slight change of course for the next drift brought in the gurnards with the pollack and dogs coming at the end of the drift.

To sum it up, best Red just under 2lb. best Tub about 3lb and the best grey 33cm.
Best Cod about 4lb and the Pollack about the same the Whiting, well took about a dozen oner the 1lb mark home.

The final result unplanned days always seem to turn out the best days out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:55 am

Great fishing Donal if you keep this up Screaming is going to get worried

Danny

Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 am

Screaming has said :( he's thrown in the towel for next year :lol: ), now that's what he want me to think, he want me to have a lie in on New Years day but I know better 8) 8) 8) 8) .

We'll be teaming up together for the Small Boats comp so the GPS marks are already sent. Not that he need them 8) 8) he spends more time in Cork Harbour than I do :oops: :oops: :oops:

All for One and One for all :D :lol: :lol:

apollo

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:01 am

Hi,
Yes, i did spend more time, until you got a boat!!!, only one answer to this, i will have to move to Cork :D :D , i will then be able to launch on new years day!!
screeming

Re: Apollo has launched

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Well done Done. Great to hear that you are starting to get a few sessions aboard Apollo. Best of luck with her.

Kev

Re: NICE FISHING

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Nice fishing Donal you seem to be getting better at the old fishing lark

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:36 pm

good fishing donal,bring on the good weather,nice boat you got best of look with it,no stopping you now.giving up the shore fishing :D ?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:28 pm

some nice fish there ,good luck with apollo.