Courtmacsherry Reports & Pictures Wanted Please

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Courtmacsherry Reports & Pictures Wanted Please

Postby arthurg » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:57 pm

I have arranged a trip to Cortmacsherry for March with Mark Gannon. Last year, when we first started thinking about it, I found plenty of great reports and pictures of Pollock, Ling, Conger and Coalies, but now that we have firmed up on the trip I cannot find any good links.

I'd really like to whet the guys appetites by printing off reports and giving everyone going a wee pack including details of the boats (which I can get from here) along with previous catches, gear, rigs, etc.

Anyone know of any good links? I've been 'googling' for a couple of days with nothing particularly good to show for it.

Thanks.
arthurg

Courtmac

Postby JimC » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:05 pm

Arthur,
I take it you have Mark's Website.
The main reason you don't see any reports is that the weather has been pure crap during Dec. Nobody has been getting out more than a couple of miles.
Jim.
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby arthurg » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:40 pm

Jim,

His website seems to be down - either that or it has moved and I'm trying the wrong address. I'm sure he used to have years of great reports on it.

My knees are already sore praying for good weather early March!

Cheers,

Arthur
arthurg

Pack

Postby JimC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:31 am

Arthur,
I would think that you should download the specimen book (or contact Bridie Fleming ISFC, she will post some out to you.). You can get your crew to count all the specimens from Courtmac and Kinsale. If that is not enough to get their juices flowing they're probably dead!

Mark Gannon had some year! (that said we were happy with our own year too). Get praying for the weather.

Jim.
JimC

Postby arthurg » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:39 am

Thanks Jim, we've taken your earlier advice and paid a bit extra to get to the far wrecks on the Saturday.

Now, back to the praying .........................
arthurg

Mark Gannon

Postby kieran » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:54 am

Aurthur

Let us know how you get on as I have a few clients and friends that I am threatening with a trip out, and would welcome the opportunity to fish with Mark Gannon - he is certainly gaining one hell of a reputation there...

Tight lines! I'm not as brave as you are and reckon we'd head out later...
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Mark Gannon

Postby MackDublin » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:42 pm

Arthur,

Try this link.

http://angling.erin.ie/Courtmac.htm

We're out with him in August and I can't wait.

Keep us posted on your trip.

Colm
MackDublin
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 54 times

Postby arthurg » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks everyone, I have the photos now .............. and appetite-whetting they certainly are.

Kieron - Without doubt I'll be posting a report with photos hopefully.

Jim - about half of us intend coming down for the weekend even if Courtmacsherry is blown off. Is there any possible contingency in Cork Harbour worth considering?

In general - we have a couple of places still available for the Mark Gannon weekend trip. If anyone is seriously interested and can come up with the non-refundable deposit of €50 by the end of January (refundable only if cancelled due to inclement weather) then get in touch. Three nights B&B, one long day fishing the far wrecks and one day fishing nearer wrecks - fishing 5th & 6th March - €225 / head.

Cheers,

Arthur
arthurg

Contingency

Postby JimC » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:58 pm

I'm not sure what you could do. How could you book as a contingency? There should be a few skippers in the water at that stage. Best of the harbour boats would be Brian Byrne at East Ferry. If his boat is in the water and he's not already booked..... That said the harbour can be a little sterile at that stage. Maybe if we wait till closer to the date and if it hits the fan weatherwise we see what we can sort out. There are a couple of other boats we can contact nearer the date.

I reckon the weather is going to be perfect that weekend. It's the same weekend as the specimen awards in Dublin so it's bound to be perfect as I won't be able to fish!

Jim.
JimC

Re: Contingency

Postby arthurg » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:37 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:I'm not sure what you could do. How could you book as a contingency? There should be a few skippers in the water at that stage. Best of the harbour boats would be Brian Byrne at East Ferry. If his boat is in the water and he's not already booked..... That said the harbour can be a little sterile at that stage. Maybe if we wait till closer to the date and if it hits the fan weatherwise we see what we can sort out. There are a couple of other boats we can contact nearer the date.

I reckon the weather is going to be perfect that weekend. It's the same weekend as the specimen awards in Dublin so it's bound to be perfect as I won't be able to fish!

Jim.

Thanks Jim,

In my heart I know that a contingency would be hard to find, but some of the boys just want to get away.

Mark mentioned that the specimen awards are on in Dublin - I've never been. Is it a big event? Also, with Mark having so many from his boats, is he not likely to cancel to attend himself?

Getting worried now ..............................
arthurg

Contingency

Postby JimC » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:32 pm

The only thing to do is to take your chances. If the weather does not allow then we could take our chances that one of the boats is free.

I was surprised when I saw the dates myself. Mark normally goes to the awards. His son is also up for some awards (he skippers the other boat). Then I suppose two days charter is two days charter. Maybe give him a call to be sure?

The event itself is a quiet affair. The craic is had before and after! Basically there is some speeches and then they go through the list of anglers who are collecting certs & badges. You go up and collect shake hands, take photos and then retire to the bar for a few beers and the normal bulls***ing session!
We travel up and down on the day supping one or two pints on the way!!!!! Super craic. We meet up with different guys we haven't seen in a while so its a very social event. I suppose its what you make of it. I lookforward to the outing, its one of these annual affairs.

Jim.
JimC

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports