bic kayaks

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:43 pm

H i lads
looking for opions on bic kayaks. I am getting a kayak , (after a lot of thinking about it!) and have narrowed it down to the bilbao or the semi rigid, folding, yacca. Has anyone had any experiences with these? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated
Cheers
keem

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:03 pm

buy an ocean kayak and get the right kayak first time mate. if your going to be sea fishing then you want something up to the job , not a plastic clog.

bics

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Friend of mine has a bic yakka works grand he is v happy with it as it is very practicall, fits in back of car etc, however he does say that its not suitable if the weather is any way choppy at all best suited for calm work.
you'd be better of getting a proper sea going one if you intend serious use as stated above.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks lads
since my last post I bought an ocean frenzy 2nd hand in very good nickand I christened it tonight in Killiney bay with 3 pollock!!!!!I had a porpoise for company for a while and I was very wary being so close to it . By the way we have seals in the area that were hand reared after being abandoned when young and set free when old enough and they follow small angling boats out of Bulloch harbour as they seem to know they are going fishing.We have often reeled up mackeral only to have the seals take the fish off the hooks halfway up!!!!! Its a nuisance at times as you have to bugger off to a different spot to get away from them.
Does anyone know of any incidents involving seals and kayakers i.e. do they ever bother kayakers???