newport 3 day boat nd shore comp

Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:11 am

People:

Duration:3 days.1st day 6 hours,2nd 6 hours,3rd 5hour

Weather:okey for most of it a bit rough on the 3rd day

Bait:mack,sandeel

Rigs:

Results:

Report:okey the firs day was a shore comp.they brought u to this island nd we fished a 6 hour comp.i had 7 dogs in the first hour .then cast out a 3hook flapper nd had 2 dogs a bullhuss.then around half an hour later i had a nice ray.when i was picking it up by the trace the snood snapped.so i scrambled to it nd picked it up out of the wave by the wing.then fishing got slow nd i only had 4 more dogs.ended the day with 90 points.but it was enough to win me first place in the junior for tat day.there was only a couple of juniors.
2nd day:the second day was the first boat comp.it was a doggie bash so down went the animal rigs.i drew peg 1 so i was screwed but fished hard nd got a couple of dogs nd a bullhuss.was beaten by 60points. in the end.
3rd day:pulled peg 3 so wasnt bad.i got loads of dogs nd then a baby bullhuss.then i got a ray.i took the hook out and beening a noob on rays i tried to turn over the ray which cut a couple of nice chunks out my hand.i ended up winning the overall junior.this was one of best craics iv had in a long time.if any of u fished this tell use how yous got on.