Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 pm

People:

Duration:4 hours fishing

Tide:strong

Weather:glorious

Bait:mack and squid

Rigs:various

Results:spurdogs red and grey gurnard macks dabs

Report:went on a spurdog hunt as the weather was kind we went to a mark we havent fished in 3 years and sure enough the spurs were waiting on us first in the boat came to me a fish of 10lb on baited feathers :lol: then the heavy stuff came out next was a 9lb huss for myself then it was spur after spur i landed 7 upto 12.5 lb specimen 8) and my mate had 3 upto a cracking 14lb 8) all in all a super day watch this space for spur of the moment stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:41 pm

Really nice fishing John..... Well done. Looked like a cracking day for it. Were you out Monday?

Were you far off shore?

Kev

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 pm

not very far kev :wink:

all i can say is its all about location/location/location :lol: :lol: .

meaning they seem to be very localised i have 3 locations for them and i will say no more.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:51 am

JOHN1 wrote:not very far kev :wink:

all i can say is its all about location/location/location :lol: :lol: .

meaning they seem to be very localised i have 3 locations for them and i will say no more.

No hassle at all John, Wasn't expecting the exact mark. I was just curious as to how far off you would need to go for a decent spur. I've never caught one. From what I read, they seem to be caught at that size in very deep water. I was thinking that you were way off shore :?:

Kev

Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:45 pm

nice fishing and nice weather well done nice to get what you intend to target 8)