]Vessel[/b]:screeming reels

Crew:dezzer, phil, myself

Duration:10 hours

Tide:ebb, to flood

Weather:overcast, light s/w wind 3-4

Bait:mack

Rigs:shark traces, and flowing trace

Results:1 blue shark, Garfish, Haddock, Hake, Dabs, Dogs,

Report:Headed off on the first shark trip of the year, weather was set fine and after stocking up on the macks, headed off to the sleeping grounds off cork.
The slick was set up and the wait began, to entertain whilst waiting , set up a garfish rig and immediately started catching the acrobatic little fish.
with nearly two hours gone i had just mentioned to Eddie that now is a good time for the blues to arrive when his balloon started to move off, he waited, and waited,( it was still slowly moving off) and waited and waited, and when he struck the fish, nothing, except a big tangle with his mates balloon!
This meant my balloon was still in action, and i let it move out a little more to take advantage.
Sure enough, my bait was lifted, wait, struck, miss, off the balloon went again, waited, struck , missed! third time lucky, ( this fish was hungry) hook up, and after a very short fight the fish was alongside, and boated.
Tried to get a pic with me holding it, but the fish was still very fresh and did not want to be held, and yes it got its own back by taking a nice bite out of my waders!! ( pic, fortuanetly not my blood!!)
We waited a further 3 hours , but no more blues arrived, and during that time i joked about what was left for me to add, and i mentioned Hake, well, 5 mins later , up comes a small, But very welcome Hake!!! ( i cannot repeat waht eddie said, but lucky, b.....d was amoungst many other things.
we headed back into the harbour to try for a few blondes , but no luck, still a lot of loose weed around due to the spring tides.
Another good day out, with a bonus species to add
regards
screeming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by screeming reels on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 am

Excellent Report as Always....

Well done on the Blue, Any size? I'm glad you were not wearing Jeans :shock: :shock: :shock: Thank fook you are ok.

Kev

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:59 am

well done martyn.
what sort of depth was it when you got the hake.

regards brian

cork

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:03 pm

hi, was 275 feet deep, 16oz lead !!! though still felt the bite! great stuff braid.
yes it was a fast drift.
screeming