Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:13 pm

People:myself, dennis and penisalota

Duration:10-2

Tide:dunno sort of quick at times

Weather:calm

Bait:mackerel

Rigs:tope traces

Results:huss,tope,dogs,whiting,mackerel,grey gurnard

Report:set out in hope of some huss and tope, and guess what? we got lucky!thanks gerry :wink: mackerel where well none existent to say the least tried about 7 spots and only 6 mackies and a few whiting. anchored up on our mark about 11-30, serious low on any hook of an adequate size we found 1 each, some rusty some blunt but anywho we continued.dennis struck first with a dog, and i followed, then dennis hit a small huss which promptly let go of his bait when it broke the surface, paul followed suit with his first huss of the year, about 7 lbs or so, i in the meanwhile hooked a rope of sorts, line gone, i had to make a new trace, only 4/0s where found so i focused on huss. dennis hooked a monster huss, about 12-14lbs, which took 10 minutes to unhook, paul hit a smaller one this time. i was only catching dogs, so decided to put a half mackerel on, within seconds it got hit by a tope, about 10 minutes later i had a 30-35lb male tope aboard, a new pb for me, i was chuffed, managed two doggie sized huss to boot, not bad going,, a nice way to christen my new tdx 12-30,the lads will post the pics

Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 pm

pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:11 pm

nice one eric... i bet that little beasty pulled the arms off you for a while.. cant wait to get a good sized one like that sometime ;)

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Nice one eric sounds like a good session. :D

Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Well done eric:!:

that's what U can call Tope Shark

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:00 pm

THE D OPE WITH THE TOPE

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:26 pm

well done on the PB tope eric.

i would have put him more around the 40 mark :wink:

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:29 pm

JOHN1 wrote:well done on the PB tope eric.

i would have put him more around the 40 mark :wink:

Agree John,
Looks a solid fish with a decent girth.

Kev

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 pm

big fish eric more like 43-45 well done

brian

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:51 pm

they have to be the hardest fish to guestimate,,, im def going to be bringing the scales more ofthen

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Super stuff eric well done :d :d :d