Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:24 pm

People: Fergal and Matt

Duration: all day

Tide: up then down then up

Weather: fine

Bait:mac and feathers

Rigs: free running ledger

Results: Fergal a 34lb (a new PB) 24lbs and Myself my first ever tope 21lbs

Report:This is my first post..... I went out with Fergal on Saturday and it was my first ever tope trip, Fergal was confident we would get fish and he did! at 1 o'clock he got a fantastic 34lb fish I was just amazed to see its power and grace. Fergal taught me a lot on the day out and as no one was really catching I didn't hold out much hope as the crabs seemed pretty partial to my offerings :D. Then just before 4 the tope switched on for us and Fergal had 2 further takes (I have never seen a reel scream off like that second take, impressive) Then it was my turn my uptide rod gave a real couple of knocks and some line was taken on the bait runner :D I lifted the rod and waited.... :? nothing for what seemed like ages but I would say 20 seconds later the bait runner started spinning :D I wound down and hit it straight away and after a very pleasing battle I got my first tope of a scale busting 21lbs :mrgreen: Well to say I was pleased was an understatement, Fergal got another fine fish of 24lbs and then we went back to port. I had a 90mile trip back to Enniskillen and I drove home on adrenalin. This will not be my last experience of the tope as I have got the bug now :lol:

here is a slide show of my day

[url=http://ernephotographic.co.uk/Tope/index.html]LINKY[/url]

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 pm

Nice fishing lads great slide show

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:57 am

Gratulations of your first tope. Nice fish, great pictures :lol:

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:05 am

Lovely set of pics there fella, nice one on your tope by the way. Welcome to the site too.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

amazing photos mate. what kind of camera you using? congrats on your first tope.
I have fished from the greenore shore a couple of times. I got loads of doggies just

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:04 am

Round_ourway wrote:amazing photos mate. what kind of camera you using? congrats on your first tope.
I have fished from the greenore shore a couple of times. I got loads of doggies just

I have just upgraded to a Canon 450D and the gull shots were taken with my 70-200mm lens. I enjoy the photography and getting good shots of the fish we catch is a great way to study them as you get so little time to take in what you have just caught.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 am

nice fish and nice slide show m8,congrats :)