Kilmore 26-July-2008

Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:07 pm

People:Pat and myself

Duration:7:30am - 430pm

Tide:running hard

Weather:glorious

Bait:Mack, Squid, Crab, Launce.

Rigs:french boom gilling(fire-tails/shads/tempest), Flasher rig, running ledgers.

Results:see below

Report:
Pat and myself hit kilmore this morning at 7am, beautiful morning, not a sinner around bar a couple of seals. We decided not to fish the usual marks and instead try out new ground by following Admiralty maps and the sounder and mark them out for future reference.
And for the crack( and a few €€€) we decided to have a mini competition, and drew out a couple of score cards as follows:

Scoring Points:
Tope = 50
Bass = 50
Smooth hound = 20
Cod = 10
Ling = 10
Wrasse = 10
Pollock = 5
L.S.D = 2
All other = 10.
Not counted: Mackerel, Pouting and sand eel/Launce.
Foul hooked fish not counted.
Conditions were spot on for the day, high light being a small under water rock we found , tried a bit of gilling over it for 10Min's and bang both of us into 2 fine Pollock who were doing there best to burn out our clutches.....driving line off the spool :)
Found a good ling mark too, but my anti-ling rod held its own as usual by not bending into one!! :evil:
Anchored for tope too, only to find a bunch of hungry LSD's
Lack of Macks today also, only 12 all day.
Results:

ME 120 points
2 Cod
5 L.S.D
2 Cuckoo Wrasse
14 Pollock

PAT 109 points
1 Cod
2 Ling
2 L.S.D.
15 Pollock

Only took a few pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Another
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Nice fishin their lads heading down their in the next couple of weeks just got trailer for boat, so we wil be able to get it out of Wicklow harbor for a change.

Had to Rub it in Eh?

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Heath.

See ya at work tommorrow.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 pm

nice fishing lads.....nice looking brace of pollock