People:Just me on board tonight.

Duration:7.00-10.30 ish

Tide:Up and over

Weather:light sw breeze, sunny and calm

Bait:Mack, Squid

Rigs: Mostly of the flowing variety

Results:Dogfish, Dabs, Plaice, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel, Whiting, Weever

Report:

After blanking yet again on the Blonde Ray front the previous night, I gave the Donal fella a shout for a bit of advice. Turned out he was already out and about and was going to have a crack himself so would meet him out there and at the very least, get a better idea on positioning. Launched on a beautiful summery evening and headed out, first of all to half a mile outside the harbour for a bait stop. Was joined by 3 dolphins amidst plenty of mackerel which was a pleasant start.

Headed back in after a half hour or so of this and popped over for a chat with Donal before dropping down the anchor myself. A little bit of dragging on occasion resulted in me ending up pretty much on top of Apollo with about 15-20 yards between us.... :twisted: Unfortunately, the blondes werent to play ball but a steady succession of smaller fellas (plaice, dabs, whiting) amongst occasional LSDs on the scratching rod kept the interest. Managed my second Weever of the year in as many days that had gripped the whole squid ray bait and refused to let go all the way up (fool..... :D )

Slack water was approaching so with the anchor hauled, and with the breeze blowing more westerly than anything else, it was perfect for a drift or two directly across the edge of the bank. 2 drops on the first drift had 2 dabs, and 4 small plaice, one drop then on the last drift had a doggie and a Grey Gurnard.

With daylight fading fast, I made the run back to the slip and loaded boat onto trailer at the first attempt which was a pleasant surprise.... Snack box on the way home with a few macks for tomorrows tea was a perfect way to end a pleasant evening afloat. Still no blonde to report I'm afraid but the search shall continue..... Considering a Rubby Dubby bag but LSD interest can be high at the best of times so that may not be too wise, its kinda cheating too I think... :)