screeming reels cork 16th july 2008

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:00 pm

People:myself

Duration:11 hours

Tide:ebb to full flood, and ebb

Weather:w/v 330/10 cloudy

Bait:mack, peeler,rag,

Rigs:flowing trace, shrimp rig

ResultsPlaice to 1.5lbs, 11, grey gurnard, dabs, pollock, Specimen Flounder, Bass, Corkwing wrasse, ( yes in size donal!!),Guilthead bream 1.5lbs.Launce

Report:
Set off for a session by myself for a little bit of new mark trying, proved very fruitful with some great sport, highylight being a lovely 1.28kg flounder, was really happy with that as they are hens teeth.
Had a good few small bass also.
Started on the bank, ( dodging the numerous yachts) and had some great sport with the flats, with some nice plaice comming to the boat.
When the yacht race started to come across the bank, it was safer to move after a couple of BIG yachts missed me by feet!!!, with a cheerful Hello from the yachts!!! They really cut it close to a drifting boat!
moved into the harbour to try a couple of new spots, and picked up a guilthead and a few smaller fish.
Did'nt get to see donal in his new boat, but did meet up with him earlier, and he also provided me with some fresh peeler for the day, ( thanks again) I wish him luck and tight lines in his new craft.
Well, a great day out. and i manged to get a launce for the braggin rights, forgot i did'nt have one yet!!
regards
screeming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great flounder

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi Martin
just joined up SAI today congrats on the flounder :D . Whats next for you? :?: :?:

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 am

Great report Mate.... Looks like I'll have to steal your GPS :wink:

Kev

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm

MAC wrote:Great report Mate.... Looks like I'll have to steal your GPS :wink:

Kev

Did he not mention that it was MY mark and MY crab :o :o that got the flounder :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm

It was 50 meters away from the barren mark you gave me,and i did mention that it was your crab!!!!
It may have walked over and grabed the nearest flounder it saw, well trained crabs you have there :wink:
screeming