People:me nd alan

Duration:5 hours

Tide:low to high i think

Weather:good

Bait:mack

Rigs:animal rigs

Results:me- 8.5lb bullhuss nd a 9.5lb bull huss nd loads of dog
alan-2 bullhuss nd loads of dogs

Report:just back from america so was delighted wen alan invited me out on the boat.we anchored at a new mark for use.nd dropped half macks down for tope.we started gettin dogs straight away.i got bored so got another rod rigged up with feathers nd strted jiggin for mack.jus as i dropped dwn my rachet started to go on my tope rod. typical lol.so wound up as fast as i could nd struck into my first bulhuss of the session.straight away i got another dog nd then a bullhuss.then i got a doggie bite.i left it to see if it would get off it self as i wasnt to pushed about it.then i got a big bite.so i started figgting it up 2 the surface wen i gt it to a couple of feet of the back of the boat everything went slack.i wound up to find a dog on the end of the line.alan says he has seen bullhuss follow dogs up to the side of the boat.so i think it probably a big huss.alan then caught his 2 huss.nd then decide he was gona use my other rod to go for mack.he dropped down nd a couple of minutes later he got a long run off a tope on his tope rod.he winded up the mack rod nd picked up the tope rod.bt he had missed the tope.then around half an hour later jus as we were about to go .i had a go on the mack rod nd gt a run of a tope but he drooped it.it was gettin late so we headed in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Nice fishing their macker were ya out round da windmills brittas area.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 pm

soz only checked the report now.yeah we were pretty far out off brittas bay.

Mullet

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:22 am

Alrite man,
Stan dunne here, i live just around the corner from ya there say ya know me!
Seen you going down the river yesterday with a rake of bread and gear, presume you were going down for the mullet. Any luck? The shaggers are breaking my heart!

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:02 pm

yeah i had a 7lb one.nd my mate kev had a slightly smaller.we went out 2day but cudnt get them to feed at all.wasnt it u who was intrested in joining the fly fishing lake in wicklow as theres open compitition this sunday up there.it wud show you wat the fishing is like.

wicklow

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:30 pm

good fishin there danny u should come out with gino celtic and myself on his boat moored up with kieran nicols give us a pm if you are up for it.

mullet

Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:30 pm

7lb!! jesus thats great fishin man. May get me skates on and get down there wit you so you can show me wat to do - no doubt i make a pigs ear of it wen im down there!
Ye i was interested in joinin alrite! how did you know that? I was gonna pop up sunday and take a look alrite. hope to see you up there! im off out to the head to see if i can get a few nice pollock for the tea!

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm

i hav connections :wink: how did the pollack fishing go.jus pm me some time nd il be happy to show u how its done down their.