Ardmore Bay, Bass & Pollock, 13 & 14 July

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:42 am

After a good mornings fishing from the boat and a rest in the afternoon decided to go for bass from my kayak in the evening. Conditions were perfect at the venue. When I arrived at the beach which is pretty remote there were about 10 tents. One of the lads came over to ask me about fishing there. I showed him the best spinner ( a Kilty) and told him the most likely place for success. As I wheeled the kayak down towards the sea I noticed that a marque was set up, on the beach, with speakers and a full sound system. Looked like a party after the fishing!!!

2 other local lads showed up and we discussed possible positions on the beach that bass would be caught.

I drifter back and forth over various rock marks but could not tempt a bass to take. Needless to say one of the two lads ( a Yank with an East Coast lure) caught a nice 3 pounder. Ah well, it is always lovely to see a nice fish being caught.

Arrived back on shore really relaxed. Its hard when a party is organised to avoid viewing the talent!! Where were all the beautiful women? It appeared that all present were men?? Maybe the bus full of women got lost!!! Anyway the lads did not seem to notice. Maybe I missed out on something??

The following afternoon tried another local venue and caught 3 nice pollock. One of them dragged me and the canoe around the place. Great fun. Dying to catch that 10lb bass from the kayak.