dungarvan bay.6/08

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:05 pm

People:3

Duration:3/9p.m.

Tide:h.w.@5.00

Weather:bright,calm

Bait:lugs/razors/ feathers.ect.

Rigs: mostly wishbone/

Results:monkfish,plaice,dabs,flounder,wrass,pollock,c.fish,coddling,gurnards.bass,wevers,whitin,pout.
.....spent 2 days at different marks, the first at a rough spot, the second in close over sand hopeing for a ray or 2 no luck we did get some nice plaice here to 2lb. along with a monkfish :) about 3lb. on razor. C&R except for the monk and few flats..

Report:

monkfish?

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Art

Real monkfish or an angler?

Well done anyhow!

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:10 pm

hey art hows it hangin and is it wrigglin :D nice mix of fish , i take it that pic was on a phone it,s not up to your usual standard but does capture your obvious exitment and as for the fag in your gob priceless :lol: i have a simillar pic with me and a nice starry smoothhound and must admitt the fag kinda spoilt the pic ,am gonna have a go at fluff chuckin for pollack over the next few weeks and if i dont manage to make a total show of meself i might head down and have a go at some of those tropical fish ye get down that way later on in the year SO be warned :roll: :wink:

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 pm

kieran, twas deff. a monk( :shock: i think?) :) roger its not a fag 8) :) :) :wink:

Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:04 am

Looks like an angler allright.
The Monk is a member of the shark family but look more like a skate than a shark and has it's mouth on the under side of it's body. It is also known as an Angel Shark.
The Angler fish is best ID'ed by it's extra large mouth and the "fishing rod" attached above it which it uses to attract prey.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:16 pm

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: party on dude 8)

Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 pm

I think I took that photo rodge!!! :D