People:Myself and Pete McGroary

Duration:7-10

Tide:LW 19:35

Weather:SE breeze, dry, flat calm seas when the tide turned

Bait:Rag, crab, Mack

Rigs:Various.

Results:Pollack, Poor Cod, Plaice, Conger, Whiting, Dogfish

Report:

Had an impromptu trip with the Mcgroary fella last night and just managed to catch the last of the ebb at Ringaskiddy to drop the boat in. Slow trip out as far as paddys point though as we were only in a foot and a half of water at times and could feel the engine nudging the bottom at times... :shock: Headed out to Harbour rock and threw down the anchor, couldnt get onto the usual mark as there was a long line of gear shot there, presumably a string of pots given the ground.

Fishing 2 rods each with one geared for conger and the others tackling everything else, it was slack enough. A few pollack to about 3lbs, a small conger of 6/7lbs, a couple of poor cod and a solitary doggie were the only takers. With darkness looming, we had 3 shortish drifts over the bank and managed a plaice and a whiting.

Not the most exciting of days but a nice evening to be out and after a stressful day at work, just the ticket to clear the head a bit. 2 more species aboard Duke for me brings the running total up to 18 on the wee boat this year without any great effort, mostly around the harbour too with the exception of ling which is a clear sign of the great variety of fishing thats available there even from the Orkney.

Cork

Fri May 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Lovely to get out late in the evening! Did ye try for mackerel?
Was tempted to go last night in the RIB but ended up rooting out some maddies instead. Tomorrow is looking good! Hopefully we see the back of the east winds for a while, the fishing has suffered these last few weeks.

Fri May 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Pete have you gone and seen a Doc yet about that bang in the head you got !
Thats twice you've gone conger bashing since it happened :o :shock: :?

Next you'll be heading out Dan in The Halfway for a teebar :lol: :lol:

Fri May 30, 2008 1:31 pm

He's sold out of T-bars Donal..... Tried him yesterday, any chance you can make me one??? :D You never told me about the size of them beasties on the rock.... :lol:

Brief try for macks Jim but didnt get any, some stuff showing on the finder in mid water on occasion but no sign of a fishy.