Sun May 18, 2008 4:24 pm

People:jack and myself

Duration:9-2

Tide: on the ebb

Weather: easterly f 4 , big swell

Bait:fresh mack,party squid and rag

Rigs:animal, feather and flowing rigs

Results:spotted ray,dogs,whiting,mack and dab

Report:set out in what was stupid conditions, heading down the trough of one wave and not being able to sea anything and was riding a mountain the next kinda stuff :shock: got a bit of leeway from dalkey island and began to feather some mack, with none showing, we headed up to carrig rock and got 4 macks, two each. then we headed out to killiney bay to a mark of mine, and set anchor, of course i got soaked while doing it, first drop for me resulted in a ray, dog double, while jack picked up a dog, next drop for jack resulted in a ray too, both males, unfortunately he couldn't take the rolling sea and the sea sickness enveloped him, after a few more drops and a few more dogs, we had to set sail for calmer waters, drifted over another bank and caught some dabs and whiting, but the damage was done and we had to head for port

Sun May 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Never been seasick before Im ashamed of myself :oops: :) . Probably because we were at anchor in the big swell. First ray ever so pleased now I got one.

Sun May 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Nice fishing and well done Jack on getting your first ray. I'm sure you got to Dalkey in no time at all with the 200hp :shock: on the back of the boat. With that sort of horse power you would be out at the kish in a number of mins. Just make sure to wash all the mac guts out of the boat before leaving it home.

Sun May 18, 2008 8:03 pm

well done lads, jack ye really dont look 2 well in dat pic :lol: :lol:

Sun May 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Ye its pretty fast when the sea is calm :D . 60mph :shock: . Ye wasnt feeling to well when we dropped anchor :? .

Mon May 19, 2008 10:07 am

Feel sorry for you mate. Got sea sick once myself, it's one of the most horrible feelings in the world.

Mon May 19, 2008 10:49 am

eric wrote:he only got seasick as the sea calmed down :shock:

Ye but the damage had been done in the big swell :) . Ye its not nice at all Anthony. I have been out in worse than that and never been sick its weird.

Mon May 19, 2008 11:25 pm

your probably sick of looking at ERICS mush all of the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well done on your first ray jack. :wink: