Wed May 07, 2008 5:27 pm

People: me, family and Stephen

Duration: 09.30 - 17:00

Tide: LW about 11.30

Weather: sunny, chilly breeze

Bait: crab

Rigs: hokkais, size 2 two hook

Results: pollack, coalies, dab and a plaice

Report: First trip out in the boat this year, been waiting to get new engine and remotes for past few weeks. Worked well, slight loss of performance, but more than made up for in fuel efficiency.
Spent the morning touring round the harbour, down to East Ferry and around. Dropped the wife and kids off at lunchtime and headed off to fish. Stephen is a non angler, and his lack of boat time and the swell made him a bit uncomfortable. Picked up a few pollack and coalies over harbour rock on the hokkais on the drift.
As Stephen got more queasy, I decided to head in to calmer waters. Picked up some more pollack off Carlisle and then headed to anchor up on petekd's plaice mark. Managed a plaice and a dab to the crab as Stephen slept under the cuddy. Not much else going on. Fair bit of weed and colour in the water probably not helping the fishing....
Headed back in to Ringaskiddy to find the place mobbed, presumably with people getting a view of that big passenger liner in Cobh.
Just great getting out in my own boat, even if it wasn't the best days fishing :D

Wed May 07, 2008 6:45 pm

always nice 2 get out :D :D

Thu May 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Nice report Lee, Getting that good to be on the water feeling myself, even though I've managed fook all so far.

Kev