Missy Moo, Bangor, 30 October 04

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:27 am

Wow... I didn't expect to see so much Angling Activity round the North Down Area on boats at this time of year, The Betsy III, The Seacats, and the Sunbeam were also out!!! Surprise Trip on the Missy Moo, Started at the Briggs Buoy with Pollack and Coalies falling readily to Feathers and spinners, before moving on out to the Banks behind Copeland, Codling and a Few Late Mackeral still being caught here, Fished some of the rough stuff round the Isle as well, with Small Pollack and Coaly, The Biggies seem to have just disappeared :(

On a better note, I've worked out how to upload Videos onto my site, and my first 15 Second Clip is available from my site.

http://www.freewebs.com/k2fishing

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:45 am

Thought i recognised someone on the missy moo yesterday , i was at the wheel of the blue orkney that was fishing the islands just as you left , we had similar sort of fishing except we had a few doggies and a small bull huss at the north end of the bank in the deep water . arrived back to the pier to find one of the mates had pulled a 6.5lb reef cod out of the back of the pier while conger fishing .
Think the water was a bit dirty for the pollack to be really feeding properly thats why no biggies yesterday , this is normally the time to pull one from around the islands or the maidens if you can get the conditions right .

Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:41 pm

Knew It was you!!! Wee Mark Mentioned your name! The Briggs was the Bloody best fishing we had all day, Very slow otherwise! Pollack, Coalies, Codling, Pout, L.S.Ds, Mackeral and Wrasse... Good craic anyway.