Crew:nevskibb and myself

Date:11 oct

Duration:9 hours

Tide:ebbing to flood

Weather:s/w 3-4occ 5 sunny

Bait:mackerel

Rigs:shark traces

Results:2 blues, 7 missed runs! ughh

Report:set off specificaly to target blues we had heard were still being picked up offshore.
plenty of mackerel around just a couple of miles south of brownstown head.
set off to the glass wrecks area, and set up the drift
All the conditions looked good, with a nice drift and warm temperatures, the sea was 13.2 deg
Our first run came 2 hours into the drift, around 2 pm, and it was a very finniky take, just a pull here and a pull there, and then a small slow run then nothing, retrived the bait to find , very small teeth marks in the flesh, must have been a very small blue. but it was encouraging to know something was around.
next run came to nevs rod again ( he was fishing deep), this was much better, a good run, pause then another strong run and , fish on,
Nev had a great battle with this one, but he could feel it wrapping up in the trace, he started to make progress on the fish when, Its gone,recovered the trace and hook, must have done a hudini act.
it went quiet for an hour, then action, a fulmar had just burst my ballon ( they dont like white either!!) and i left the bait to sink, bang good run, fish on.
after a lovely fight,( note , remember to bring butt pad next time) we boat a fine blue, it measured 70 girth by 175 to fork. We were just about to get a photo with me holding it when nevs rod set off at pace, another fish on, i released mine whilst nev also regreted not having a butt pad, and soon we had blue no2 onboard, with some great pics of nev talking to it!!!! it just would'nt pose for the camera properly!
with it returned, we had another couple of finneky runs, both v small fish, then nev got another cracker, he waited and waited for it to stop, but it didnt, decided to strike, missed!! well thats fishing.
A great day for October, amazed they are still around.
regards
screeming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

caption

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:20 am

Shark to nev.
Hey, let go of my B..ls !!!!!

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 am

Shark: "This guys a bit handsy for a first date"

Nice fishing though man!