Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 pm

People:Me & ROADRUNNER

Duration:3 Hours

Tide:Flooding

Weather:Cloudy, moderate SW

Bait:Plugs, spinners, crab, & mackeral

Rigs:Float + legers

Results:4 Bass

Report:Brought Danny from Donegal (aka ROADRUNNER) today in search of his first bass. We had a good session and managed four good fish (two of the better fish in pics below). Unfortunately, one was deeply hooked. We did manage to get the hooks out. However, the fish bleed a bit. Danny held him in the water for a good bit to revive him and he did seem to be fine after awhile. To our horror though the fish came belly up further down the tide. Nothing for it but to up anchor and go after him. We did manage to net the fish and did our best to get him going again. Unfortunately, the same thing kept happening. In all we spent about 1/2 hr trying to revive him but just had no luck and had no choice in the end but to keep him. Just one sour note on an otherwise good session.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:22 pm

never mind mate you tried thats the main thing well done for that, how big was your bigust bass :(

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:34 pm

Nice Bass Pat well done!!

That poor bass probably didn't die due to the hook.. more like "Donegal Danny" talked the poor fish to death :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you had your ear plugs, did he bring his coconuts and the raw meat? :roll: :) :) :)

Jim

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi Flip biggest fish was aprox 6.5 lb followed by 6lb ,5.5lb, 4.5lb brill eve fishing and not bad busting my cherry with a 6lb'r

CUSTARD..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lets just say Pat knows where the Bass hang...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pat you'r THE man :shock: :D

Danny

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi CUSTARD just noticed you'r avatar newbee again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and only 1 post :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:45 am

nice fish there lads..

well peeved that i haven't had a bass this year :? :?

:evil:

Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:15 am

good sise bass there , well done thats what i like to see :wink:

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 am

ROADRUNNER wrote:Hi CUSTARD just noticed you'r avatar newbee again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and only 1 post :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

YIPPEE.......... Thanks! now I have Madonna's "Like a Virgin" stuck in my head" :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:49 am

Great session there again Pat

Red Gill

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:56 am

Thanks Rory - having a good year so far.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:02 am

good stuff again pat