dawn raid, bray

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:35 pm

People:myself and Neil

Duration:11-5

Tide: ebbing

Weather:lumpy water mixed with cloud,

Bait:mackerel,herring,squid,hermit crab,peeler and sandeel.

Rigs:three hook animal,feathers and tope trace.

Results:tub gurnard,red gurnard,herring,huss,dogfish,whiting,mackerel,spotted ray and tope

Report:fished a club comp today for animals, not really interested in the comp side of it but really enjoyed the fishing.started feathering some mackerel and landed some bonus herring. fishing was slow to start, we headed to a mark north off wicklow head,but it wasn't producing much other than a couple of dogs, Neil got a nice huss of about 12lb but don't trust my estimations, looked good to me anyways.
after that we headed back towards bray head where we anchored up on a bank in about a 100ft of water. dogs began show in small numbers again and then i managed to hook a tope of about 6lb. at first thought it was a smoothie as it took crab, looked like one and fought like one but when i put my hand in its mouth to unhook it i found out it was a tope the hard way, it was nice to catch my first boat caught tope anyway. continued fishing and got a decent tub on mackerel. i decided to give up comp fishing as i wasn't in the running anymore, so i set up a string of feathers and hunted for haddock,none came but i hooked a big red gurnard and a small whiting. decided to target tope for the last hour as brians boat landed a 25lber. 3 doggies manged to engulf the 6/0 mackerel flapper, Neil manged a nice spotted ray and yet more dogs, fishing never really picked up, but the slack tide was the best by far. despite the weather it was a nice day to be out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:22 pm

Nice report Gaz..

Kev

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:56 pm

your sure nocking out those species, hope to see you on sunday fishing the nights comp

regards

mick

could you pm that spot for the smoothies again