Ballycotton 25& 26th Aug

Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:27 pm

People:Borough SAC

Duration: 2 days/ 12 hours

Tide: rising

Weather:fantastic

Bait:everything but the kitchen sink

Rigs:as above

Results:Pollock, conger, gurnard, coalies, ling, dogs and big cod plus other species

Report: Club comp. Weather was on our side for a change. Fishing was brilliant. The crack was mighty. Everyone had fish. Dave had a cod over just over 15lb. 2 more cod over 8lb were also caught. Several conger over 20lb. Dave tried lifting the reef to bring it back to Dublin. All in all a great weekend. Ballycotten is a good venue with deepish water just a couple of miles from shore. Thanks to the 2 local charter boats for another great weekend and lots of Barry's tea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Some very nice fish there stan, i have my own boat in ballycotton but dint get much fishing jew to a bit of engine trouble but hope to get out on sataurday hope to have a day like ye did

Tom

Ballycotton

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:52 pm

Tom, I hope the fishing for you is as good as it was for us. Mind you it was the only good weekend this season.

My own boat was out of the water for nearly a year with engine trouble. It turned out to be the computer management system in the engine but this took a lot of work to find. Modern day electronics are great when they work but if they give trouble it can be your work nightmare.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:32 pm

Stan dont talk to me about engines mine is an old mariner 2st and it keeps it goes well but it doesnt like low revs and hard to start but im told there nearly all like that :roll:

Tom