[b]People: 3

[b]Duration:14.30-20.00

[b]Tide:dropping then rising

[b]Weather:sunny, almost flat calm

[b]Bait:feathers, mackerel flappers

[b]Rigs:feathers, 8/0 and 6/0 running ledgers

[b]Results:mackerel, whiting, codling, dogfish, tope

[b]Report:

Finally a decent day with nice flat calm sea. Decided to take a break from the smoothies and have a go at some tope. Haven't tried moulditch before but recent reports looked good.

Anyway filled up on mackeral en route and anchored just off the bank. Of course i managed to forget the rubby dubby bag so just cut up some mackerel and lumped them in uptide of the boat. Caught about ten nice codling, all returned safely. Set up the tope lines and got assualted by doggies for about an hour. Then all went quiet and line started tearing off one of the rods. Dropped the bait before I could set the hook. We had a couple more dropped runs then finally I managed to set a hook.

Great fight out of the fish. I had to let it take about 150 yards before it slowed and started swimming towards the boat. So reeling up the slack like mad and it tears off around the front of the boat.

It took quite a bit of manoevering before bringing her along side and getting her on board. Tipped the scales at 28lb 5oz. My first and best tope so far. I'll definitely be out for them again next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:51 pm

Great looking fish. Congrasts.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Is it me or is that fish blushing :lol:

Fair play biscuit, daycent fishing

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:37 pm

fairplay ed on the tope,just wondering how far out you were and what depth of water yous were fishing?.I have a boat myself and tend to hit wicklow for the tope but if theirs a chance of tope closer to dub that would be class.