Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:43 am

People:me plus 5 others

Duration: 7 hours

Tide: falling and rising

Weather: terrible

Bait: mackerel

Rigs: everything we had

Results: 2 cod, 1 pollock & 1 ling

Report: Having read reports about people being ripped off I was a bit worried about going on this trip. We had booked to fish the wreck and I made it clear to the lads that I was with that it was that or nothing.

The forecast for Monday was fair. After 2 hours steaming we got to the first wreck. We got nothing there and moved to the 2nd wreck. I got a nice cod with a shad. Then nothing for about an hour.

Back to the 2nd wreck where Bob caught the ling on a pirk. Paul then caught a nice cod. Just before we left I caught the pollock which was about 8 lbs.

Weather was terrible. The skipper Niall did his best and I would have no complaints with him at all. He is a nice guy and is big into angling himself. Like my previous week in and around Youghal and Ardmore the fish were not feeding.

Weather forecast for Tuesday was terrible and Niall suggested fishing the bay. However, I was not interested. Some of the lads stayed on and caught some fish. However, it was their choice and if we cancelled we would not have had to pay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:09 pm

stan

glad you got a fish or two.

well at least by the sound of your posting you took the lesson we learned and put your message across to the owner what you wanted and under what terms.

niall was a top bloke just in case anyone missed it in my original posting and NO fault was ever laid at his door.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:31 am

Six rods, two hours steaming before hitting the first wreck, fishing all day for four fish on the boat?

That's enough to make you want to take up golf!

Courtmacsherry

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Fishing was poor. However, I was out 4 times that week in Ardmore and Youghal area and fishing was also bad there.

For the week I had 5 fish. On tthe Thursday I went down south of Caple Island. The weather blew up in the afternoon and we had to run back to Feryypoint. For 3 hours we had 4 pollock. 5 boats came in together and we had the biggest number of fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am wrong but I think that the number of reports on the site are down this year. Maybe this is because both the shore and boat fishing is crap.

I have not had a bass since June. Last year I had loads.

Hopefully in the Autumn it will get better.