killiney bay

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:40 pm

People:just me

Duration:1-3:30pm

Tide:on the way out

Weather:calm,sunny and cloudy

Bait:rag

Rigs:1 up one down. size 2 hooks, flasher spoons.

Results:cod,Pollock,whiting and pout

Report:not really sure where to put this topic because you cant write kayak reports in the kayak forum. feel free to move it. went out at around 1 to do some fishing in the bay as i had some left over rag from a comp yesterday.started fishing over some sand about half a mile out and bagged some small whiting, managed to hook a small smoothie soon afterwards. just as i saw him coming to the kayak hook broke free after bending my small hook straight, kept trying for more fish for about half an hour but gave up. i then paddled my way up to a mark where i know theres some rough ground. drifted over it and hooked a few small Pollock and a decent codling, by killiney standards anyway. also hooked a wrasse but he to broke free just as i was about to land him too. continued on for another while but only got some pout. saw some dirty weather coming my way so i paddled home quickly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:50 pm

nice codling! would love to try that method of fishing sometime!

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:51 am

Nice report Gazo. Sounds like a good spot for my Portaboat...... I must give it a try sometime.

Kev

Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:44 am

did you ever try tope fishing from your kayak :D i think the term run could take on a new meaning wouldnt fancy the un hooking mind :lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:40 am

not intentionally no, but im pretty sure i hooked one a week ago fishing for dogs and the like, felt my rod tip go under and received a nice run which pulled my kayak like an engine, dint have the drag set, so it was pretty scary, luckily it bit through the line.