Castlemaine harbour 15th Sept

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Castlemaine harbour 15th Sept

Postby SeanP » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:01 pm

Had a good day out with Steve pictured here, we launched from Cromane point just before low tide, managed quite well there really i was a bit unsure how it would go there, its the pebble shore right at the end, i just pushed the trailer down and stopped it with the rope, retreived it the same way 1 hrs before high tide. We went out to the area in between Inch and Rossbeigh really strugled to catch some Mackrel for bait, though oh i here we go again, rain starting to arrive as well, anyway managed to scrape 1/2 a dozen together, we then anchored in a spot of about 25' with some banks/gullies 1/2m back from the tower at the end of Rossbeigh, within minutes Steve was into a fish, of course it was a doggy - he likes those! and from that point on it was nearly constant thornbacks, good sizes as well up to 12lbs, we lost a good few big ones as well, they went a bit quiet as the tide picked up, so we moved and found them again in another spot. Has anyone else fished here?? i was wondering if there was a chance of Turbot or Monkfish there?? Shall be giving it a try anyway

Sean,

[img]http://www.firiescountryfurniture.com/Other/steve.jpg[/img]
SeanP
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports