Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

People: A. K and myself

Duration: 8 hours +

Tide: 06.30

Weather: Sunny and flat calm

Bait: mackerel

Rigs: Ledger

Results: Tope

Report: Out bright and early to the Bray Bank. Plauged by unlimited numbers of LSD's. All went quiet for about 20 minutes and then hooked up with this 45lb Tope which gave a hell of a fight. Makes me wonder given the sudden lull with the LSD's do Tope predate on them? Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:47 am

cant see why they wouldint have a go at a doggie if the were hungry enough... good fishin mate, hopefully gettin out for a tope soon meself..

Tope and doggies

Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:16 am

Its really noticeable on the shannon.
When the tope are around, zero activity from doggies

Again, when the doggies go suddenly quiet, nearly always announces the arrival of tope

Kev

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:37 pm

would it be anything to do with the amount of tide doggies seem more active at low water and full water off the beach when its slack u can get them within feet of the beach :?: p.s lovely fish lads :D

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:50 pm

nice tope! well done!

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:43 pm

I have heard of this once !! a friend of mi was fishing for dogs in an animal comp when he hooked a 66lb tope which took a dog that was on his hook !! :shock:

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:12 pm

i think that any fish will go quite at the sight of a large predator like a tope.

a tip given to me in the past by mickeyfish, when the dogs are coming thick and fast and then all of a sudden die off, put on a tope rig cos chances are there is a reason for the lull