porbeagle shark

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:13 pm

heard from a very good sourse there was an 80 lb. porbeagle shark caught at the mouth of the swilly today ,any on heard any more on it ?????same boat had 14 different species all caught on hawkeyes .cheers john

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 am

what sort of boat was it caught on? 80lb! thats quite a beast.. very closely related to great whites

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:13 pm

it was caught on a charter boat not sure but it may have been the enterprise ,some told me there is a photo on the lough swilly site .

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:13 pm

it was caught on a charter boat not sure but it may have been the enterprise ,some told me there is a photo on the lough swilly site .

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:47 pm

No photo on the Swilly website but it was definitley caught on the Enterprise - estimated 60-80lb taken on a tope trace by a crew from Derry who were Tope fishing.

May be a photo in a few days.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:33 pm

Anyone care to share the URL of the Swilley website?

Cheers

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:55 am

Swilly charter boats' website is;

[url]http://www.rathmullancharters.com/[/url] - not a great site at present but there are plans to upgrade soon.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 am

JGF wrote:Swilly charter boats' website is;

[url]http://www.rathmullancharters.com/[/url] - not a great site at present but there are plans to upgrade soon.

Apparently some chancer called John has promised to do a cracker .......................... Time will tell!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:54 am

C'mon Arthur - wheres the Porgie photo? Email it / them to me and i can add them.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:35 am

get onto the boat-angling-ireland website, i read something about it there lucky fellas!!

Porbeagle Photos

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:13 am

Just got few pics of the Porbeagle that was caught last week in the Swilly. It was 86lb and caught off Dunaff. Angler was Conrad McGilloway from Derry. The fish came to the boat in only 18 minutes.

Despite the blood in the main pic, the fish was unharmed and went back strongly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Looks like Pure Piscatorial EEeeevvvilllll!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:23 pm

It needs a brace on they teeth - they're pointing every road!