Postby thescotsman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:43 pm

People: Me and Geoff

Duration: 18.30-22.00

Tide: HW 18.00ish

Weather: light ssw, partly cloudy

Bait: mackerel

Rigs: hokkais, single hook sliding booms, spinners

Results: 12 Pollack, 6 whiting, 2 LSD, 1 Coalie, 1 Garfish

Report: Ok, 3rd time I'm trying to do this - where the hell does a draft get saved to? - so an abbreviated version. Basically, spent a while finding some macks - took a while (got them high up in water off buoy 6 in case anyone is interested). Used them for bait, got some whiting and doggies, this time anchored off buoy 6 (one whiting was landed because it stuffed it's gob so full of bait it was jammed on, not hooked - so I put him back with a smaller piece of mackerel for his trouble). Drifted harbour rock and got some pollack, mostly around 4lbs mark, biggest just shy of 6lbs. Bit bumpy out there, but not too bad.
Carlisle Fort for some spinning. Got a garfish that was buzzing around continuously, but he was some tease the number of times he followed the lure right up to the boat (15th species of the year so far :D ). Couple more macks and some pollack then headed back sighting a seal with a large flatfish (bigger than I have ever caught), so I marked the position and I'll try it another day - thinking maybe a trained mark finding seal would be a good idea...?
Lovely moon rise - (made me think of Cortaz and his predictions :wink: )- but couldn't do it justice on my phone (see below).
Attachments
Image000 (Small).jpg
Image000 (Small).jpg (39.81 KiB) Viewed 290 times
2019 Species (8): Whiting, Coalfish, Dogfish, Bass, Coalfish, Dab, Lesser Spined Sea Scorpion, 5 Bearded Rockling
thescotsman
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 10 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports