5/9/04 Greencastle, Carlingford Lough (Picture added)

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

5/9/04 Greencastle, Carlingford Lough (Picture added)

Postby Drew » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:42 pm

Would like to express my sincerest thanks to Peyton Cunningham, Skipper of Pisces2, Today he presented us with the oppertunity to catch Tope, and I have finally managed to get one, a Fish of 32lbs... We also caught Doggies, Whiting, Mackeral, and Codling while we waited for Tope bites.

To describe catching this fish as exhilarating would be a total understatement, My friend Hooked a fish (Estimated to be bigger than mine), Which decided to do a Blue Marlin, and rushed straight to the top, But sadly during the ensuing dive it spat the hook. About 15 minutes later the rachet on my reel gave about 5 clicks, slowed up... and then started migrating to belfast... A Huge screaming run ensued, while I stood there, Knees shaking, shouting 'CAN I HIT IT?', then 'PLEASE LET ME HIT IT', then 'ACK GO ON, I WANNA HIT IT!!!!' The run slowed... The fish was turning, I took up the slack, and the skipper gave me the nod to hit it (THANK GOD!!!), the Hook set, and the fish went ballistic, Stripping line off the reel at high speed, I had to play it under the boat, and finally the fish surfaced at the back (Along with 2 Tope Traces, A Mackeral trace, and a Doggie Trace...) Peyton got it in the Net and immediately estimated it at around 40lb, Oh well, Only 8lb out.
:D :D :) :) :shock: :shock: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

I can not reccommend this skipper enough, He truely has an interest in the species he targets.

I'm going back before the end of the Season!
Just to note, Im holding the tale, cos Im scared of the Bitey end, and thats my lucky hat, So no disrespect.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/K2ExT/TOPE2.jpg[/img][/b]
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

Postby Don » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:39 pm

Fair Play K2 nice fish.

Does the skipper have a website or can you provide his contact details. Wouldn't mind taking the trip up there some w/e if there is any availability.

Cheers,
Donal.
Gone Fishin, there's a sign upon the door............
Don
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 45 times

Postby Drew » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:11 pm

Pisces 2
Peyton Cunningham,
Greencastle
+44 2841763669
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!