Postby Marco » Mon May 07, 2007 10:36 pm

People: Me, Fergus and 5 others

Duration: 09.30 to 17.00 hours

Tide: High at around 18.00 hours

Weather: Overcast, no surf

Bait: Lug, rag, sandeel, peeler, squid and Jellyworms

Rigs: Everything under the sun for drifting

Results: 30 something Pollack, 6 wrasse, 1 chuckoo wrasse, 2 gurnard and 2 leng

Report: We went out with great hope to catch a good few species and fish over different grounds. The first mission was to catch a few nice pollack and move on to bigger and better, unfortunately this wasn't meant to be. Two descent sized Pollack were caught by the fellow beside me (Nick) and after that nothing for a long time. Many drifts later Fergus started to hit into the wrasse and we both landed one of those beautiful blue coloured ones at the same time, no one with a camera of course. And again things went dead. Our skipper Jimmy Gallagher trew in a firetail Jelly and he started to catch a few descent fish, so soon most of us followed Jimmy on the Jellies and Pollack was starting to get caught. At this stage time was against us and reports fm other boats weren't very promising so we kept drifting over very rocky ground which resulted in a fair amount of tackle loses as can be expected. After a few good drifts things went dead AGAIN. On the way back we stopped one more time for two drifts and this resulted in 2 Leng of no size, but still we all had fun and caught a few fish.

One thing I have learned on this trip is not to order the hottest dish on the menu when eating Indian, right Fergus, because not only your cheeks look something like this :oops: :oops: :oops: when eating but the next day ................................. your other cheeks start to light up in the same way.
Marco
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 56 times

Postby Paramedic030 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm

Oh, I love Indian cuisine!

Where did you go for the Indian??? I like them hot ;)

Pat
---

species in 2007:
Codling, Shore Rockling, Threebearded Rockling, Whiting, Pollack, Flounder, Coalie, loadz-a-crab, Salmon, Trout, Pike, Perch, Dogfish, Mack, Herring (Baltic Sea)
Paramedic030
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports