Postby thescotsman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm

People: Me, my wife and two kids

Duration: 12.00-17.00

Tide: high around 15.00

Weather: Sunny, cold east wind

Bait: Feathers, shad, jellies

Rigs:

Results: 4 codling, 23 Pollack, 1 whiting

Report: Not the greatest day to take the kids out as it was a little bumpy, but i'd been promising them for weeks and it wasn't too bad. They enjoyed it anyway, entertained by the dolphins jumping and splashing around us. My youngest (not quite 3 yet) caught her first fish, a 2lb pollack and then a whiting, so she is well into it now :D and wants to watch the fishing programs on discovery home and leisure the whole time.
My son caught a pollack early on and then we were messing around with different rigs etc as we drifted over harbour rock, to not much avail. Got a bit lumpy so we headed towards the east shore and trolled around. Hit upon a shoal of small pollack near Carlisle Fort, so he was delighted bringing them in 2,3,4 at a time.
Not the best days weather or fishing I've had but they enjoyed themselves so I'm happy and they stayed out all afternoon with no complaints.
Attachments
Image029 (Small).jpg
Nice Finish
Image029 (Small).jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 608 times
Image027 (Small).jpg
First Fish :)
Image027 (Small).jpg (40.18 KiB) Viewed 609 times
Image024 (Small).jpg
Jumping Dolphin
Image024 (Small).jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 606 times
2019 Species (8): Whiting, Coalfish, Dogfish, Bass, Coalfish, Dab, Lesser Spined Sea Scorpion, 5 Bearded Rockling
thescotsman
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 10 times

Postby Pat » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:44 pm

Excellent shot of the dolphins - that's an extremely difficult shot to get!
Pat
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 113 times

Postby Kraken » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:15 pm

Just love the pink lifejacket :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont let Petekd see it or he'll want one to go with the infamous dress :D :D :D :roll: :roll:

Nice day out with the family BTW - glad to see they all enjoyed it and caught some fish - thats what its all about 8) 8)

john.
2009 Species:- Whiting, Dogfish, Bass, 3 Bearded Rockling

PB Casting Distances:- when I hit 200 I'll post it here

IFSA No.
SACN No. 0714

Steal a little and they throw you in jail.....Steal a lot and they make you King!!!!!!!!
Kraken
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby petekd » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:23 pm

Good to hear your doing a bit Lee, one cracking picture of the dolphin too. Never mind the fishing, that would have made my day alone.

Kraken, I gave Steve his pink dress back.... :wink:
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Postby thescotsman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 pm

Can't take credit for the pic, was my wife, you should see all the failed attempts though :lol: - not bad for a phone though. Dolphin/porpoise? helped a lot, that particular one spent most of its time jumping out of the water, splashed us a couple of times which the kids loved. Seem to be doing well with dolphin encounters, seen them most of the times I've been out since last February - maybe I should run a tour?
As for the pink life jacket - well I might have got her fishing but she's still a little girl at heart.
Have you been out in yours yet Pete? - orkney that is not pink life jacket? :wink: give me a shout when you do and we'll have a race.
2019 Species (8): Whiting, Coalfish, Dogfish, Bass, Coalfish, Dab, Lesser Spined Sea Scorpion, 5 Bearded Rockling
thescotsman
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby petekd » Tue May 01, 2007 7:41 am

Not been out in her yet no, I had issues connecting the steering linkage to the Honda so I dropped it into that chap you were telling me about in Glanmire. Over 2 weeks ago.... :roll: Hopefully have her by the weekend, if I dont head north this weekend then Ill fit the GPS etc and all being well get her dropped in somewhere....

We'll have a race certainly, one whereby we see who runs out of fuel first.... :D There always good for a laugh.... :wink:
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

cork

Postby barry murphy » Tue May 01, 2007 8:30 am

nice one good days fishing.nice pics to.
barry
barry murphy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 22 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby thescotsman » Tue May 01, 2007 11:56 am

Pete - Glad you managed to find him despite my inability to remember the name of Glanmire. I've never used him, but a couple of people I know did and said he was fine.
Don't talk to me about steering, mine got so jammed up, I had to use a disc cutter and a sledge hammer to get it apart!
I had to get a new small piece of pipe for the engine that the rod slides through and the nuts screw on and it was €87+vat for a piece of pipe!! Anyway you have never seen so much grease go onto a steering rod as with this new one. Its coming apart every winter now for a proper clean and regrease (see how long my good intentions last...)
thescotsman
SAI Sea Dog!

Glanmire

Postby JimC » Tue May 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Pete,
I take it it's Paul Walsh that has the boat. Nice chap, but keep the pressure on!
I must call by later to have a look see!
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Re: Glanmire

Postby Mohawk » Tue May 01, 2007 6:55 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:Pete,
I take it it's Paul Walsh that has the boat. Nice chap, but keep the pressure on!
I must call by later to have a look see!

Paul's not that bad really you should have it back in time for next season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

His brother Tony is an even better mechanic than Paul himself. He'll do a good job on it for you but like Jim said give him a little gentle push when required.

Jim
“Travel, Stay, Fish & Play”
Mohawk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 6 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports