screeming reels, cork 26th, One of THOSE trips!

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:12 pm

People:myself

Duration:9 hours

Tide:low to high to low

Weather:fantastic, sunny and no wind

Bait:mack, squid, rag, crab

Rigs:shrimp rigs, pirks and flowing traces, t bars

Results:1 conger, plenty of golden grey mullet, 3 spec'ns, not a lot else! v poor in the harbour, very slack tide run all day

Report:
Hi ,
Well, today certainly had its highs and lows, launched fine in perfect weather, sunny and not a puff. went to put my hat on, and there was a bonk behind me followed by a splash!!!! That was my phone then!! was only in 4 foot of water but tried to retrieve it with my landing net and broke that aswell, aghhhhhhh.
anyway headed of fishing, which for the first 3 hours was c...p! not a single fish, but things started to look up when i was drifting the bank and picked up a weaver, i then moved to the harbour rock and struck into a nice 19lb conger, two of my target species, i then headed back in, to my "secret" mullet spot, and had a brilliant session with over 15 golden grey mullet and three specimens!! ( 0.73kg. 0.83kg. 0.84kg)
But , just as i set off home, hit a rock with one of the props!! fotuanetly stainless , so little damage done, at least the trip home was without incident!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:13 am

well done on the G.G.s 8) 8) 8)
few questions, what bait?hook size?water depth?ground type?
theres lots round here and i am plannin to target them over the summer so any tips would be helpful, have had a few on lugs while after bass they fight realy well dont they, at times i see tons,tons of them.
its what i will be after while the bass season is closed..15/5 to 15/6.